HELP!! I'm trying to find my first car!

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by 73MaddMav, Nov 19, 2010.

1. 73MaddMav

73MaddMav Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    OK fellow forum addicts, this goes out to everyone.

My name is Jeffrey N. Knutson, and my first car was a 1970 Maverick 2 Door. This car was purchased in Gig Harbor, WA at the ford dealership in 1980(or 81) and was sold to Charles C. Knutson (my dad) and Edith L. Knutson (my mom). I got the car from them in 1982. The original car color was yellow and black with a black vinyl top. During it's time with me, the vinyl top was stipped off and it was primered grey with a black dood strip.

I then sold it to a woman named Randy Grosbal around 1986.

I've tried to locate the old paperwork with the vin number or license plate number, but to no availe.

I know that with "carfax" and sites like it, that it lists many things like previous owners etc. So I was wondering if anyone has stumbled across this car in their search for their own Maverick?

The last time I saw the car was in 1988, and it still had the 280Z plastic hubcaps on it, and it was still primer grey with the black stripe on the center of the hood.

If anyone has any leads on the whereabouts of this vehicle, please drop me a line! Thanks!!!

73MaddMav
    Jeff Knutson

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    Jaybee likes this.
  2. rickyracer

rickyracer Member

Vehicle:
    66 Stang, 68 Cougar, 72 Comet GT
    Well if you can't find her I have one that well be for sale in a few weeks. 70 Mav, built 14H= Aug 14th, 1969. 170 6cyl, manual trans, 2dr. All glass and trim there and this one is almost completely rust free, I have pictures to prove it. And I mean rust free, to the point I even found the build sheet under the pass rubber mat.
    It was a San Jose DSO and a Nevada car.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  3. Maverickgrrl

Maverickgrrl Member

You put a SMILEY sticker on her hood??? Don't you remember what happened to Alice when I painted her name on hers, just before we dropped on the grabber hood? She dropped her driveshaft! :biglaugh:

And even though it's not Alice, I would SO WANT if I was in the market -

Madmav, if you do go for RR's Mav, you'd be dealing with an awesome, straight up, long time member - :thumbs2:

4. 73MaddMav

73MaddMav Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    FANTASTIC!!! There's another forum member right near me!!! Another person to try and talk into creating a Central Puget Sound Maverick and Comets Club.

All of us locals have really got to get together some time!

73MaddMav
    Jeff Knutson

5. rickyracer

rickyracer Member

Vehicle:
    It came that way and with some Dale Earnhart stickers on the back.

Attached Files:

6. rickyracer

rickyracer Member

Vehicle:
    Now how many people still have this with the car? This is a very early Mav.

Mav Girl, Alice was just misunderstood. She didn't like the rain very much either.

Attached Files:

7. GrabberJoe

GrabberJoe Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick Grabber
    Check with your Secretary of State or Police department. If you have the VIN number may be they can check to see if it is registered to someone. Good luck I think its hard to find a car like that but it has been done. If you can't find it you can always buy another Maverick and repaint to match the actual car your looking for I know it not the same but its close enough. You may not want to see what the orginal car looks like. In High school my friend Ray had a '70 Mach 1. For more than three years we had great times with that car. Two months after he sold it, I saw it involved in an accident. The people made it ok, the car was a total loss. It was hard to take. Ray bought another Mach 1 in '86, 428CJ. I know where my orginal '74 red Maverick Grabber is and they will not sell. Sometimes I see it at a car show and I just want to go home. I am thank full I have the white one now.

8. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    It would be hard to find it even with the VIN, without the VIN, it will be nearly impossible. That '69.5 looks like a great car though!

9. 73MaddMav

73MaddMav Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    I agree! I would love to find out how much he wants for it -- AS IS.

If anyone in the Seattle area is looking for one that is in good running shape ... check out craigslist in Everett. There's one up there for sale for $1790. Looks pretty good, and its a driver too.

Unfortunatelly, I'm visiting relatives in New York for the week so I can't get up there to see it.

I hear that there's a bit of snow on the ground, and it's causing problems for lots of people in the area. Sorry to here that. I'm one of those people that loves snow (even as an adult), and driving in it has never been a big problem for me. I guess it has something to do with be Norwegian. Snow is just a second nature thing to me. Just like being on the water, or up on mountain and hill sides.

Anyhow ... if your in the Everett area, and you get a chance to see go takea look at. Let me know what happens. I hope someone from the forum is able to grab it!

73MaddMav
    Jeff Knutson
    Des Moines, WA

Temporarilly in New Jersey/New York and Philidelphia.

10. rickyracer

rickyracer Member

Vehicle:
    It is for sale and I've cleaned it up, actually it was pretty clean already. I already put 4 used tires on it that are in excellent shape, 205/70/14s. and a good matching spare.
    $1100 and it's your's. That what I need to recoup my cost and expenses in it. Clear Nv. title in my name. Not licensed right now.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  11. mav1970

mav1970 Bob Hatcher

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick 393 Cleveland Stroker
    Hey Paulie, how have you been?

Did you ever find Alice again?

12. rickyracer

rickyracer Member

Vehicle:
    I did sell the Mav, got a good $ amount for it. I ended up installing a 351W/C-4/8" 3.5 posi in it with Granada disc brakes.
    The red Mav I did for my son. Used a home made Boss 302, AOD, 8" 4.10 posi and a shaker hood scoop from a 71 Torino Cobra.

Attached Files: