hi and correct me if i'm wrong

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by bubby1225, Jun 7, 2004.

1. bubby1225

bubby1225 New Member

Hi guys just thought i would say hello and look around and see if i could find some tech info for my 71 mav it has just a heater and i just pulled a compleat ac system out of a 73 it looks like it should allmost bolt right up except for the heater core lines are in a diffrent spot so it will need 2 new holes then plug the old ones maybe someone can correct me if i'm wrong by the way this is a grate site thanks to all lots of good info here -----------BUBBY

2. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    I've changed a car from non air to factory air. Although its not overly difficult, there is alot to it. Most of the holes you need to drill are marked already. There should be a dimple or stamped outline in the correct locations. You also will need to punch a hole in the floor, under the box, for the evaporator drain. Besides the inside box, you also need the complete control assembly. Make sure the vacuum switch on the control assembly is intact. The ends usually break off. If you see a round rubber part with little channels molded in, then you will need a new switch. Under the hood, besides the obvious parts, you need the vacuum storage can. Make sure the one way check valve works. If I think of other things, I'll let you know.

3. bubby1225

bubby1225 New Member

Thanks for the reply I have all the parts vacuum can control assembly looks to be in good shap all duct work even the gromet in the floor board it was all still intact what i need to know do i need to use the wire harness out of the doner car and the vacuum lines in the engine compartment were not all hooked up they were all there but not hooked up so i will need to find a diagram of the vacuum lines i think this was quite a cool find to find a compleat ac system still intact and thats not the best part it was free i found a abandon 73 mav in the woods on a job site i work at and was going to be haled off for scrap most of the car was totaled I want to thank you for all the info thanks ---------BUBBY

4. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    I dont think you need any harness other than the wire that goes to the compressor clutch. I dont remember if the fan plug on the non ac will plug right into the ac unit. You'll have to check that. As I recall, the only vacuum lines in the engine bay is one that goes from the manifold, through the 1 way check valve, & into the canister. Then there should be one comming from the other line on the canister and dissapears through the firewall to the vacuum switch. Then there is one more that comes from the switch, through the firewall, and hooks to the heater hose shut off valve. Let me know if this helps or if you need more information.