Hi everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by bagarags, May 29, 2004.

1. bagarags

bagarags New Member

Just ran across this forum and it reminded me of the 2 Comet GT's I once own. The first was a 71, 302, 3 speed on the floor, ps/pb light green with black stripes, I paid $2,795 brand new in 1971. I loved that car. I became brain dead and traded it in on a 73 Nova SS in 1974 :slap: . Just wasn't my Comet! In 1975 I traded this in and got a 75 Comet GT, Meduim Blue, Deluxe Interior 302, C4 on the floor, ps/pb, with the factory Alum Slotted Mags. I paid $4,795 for that one. I kept the 75 until 92 when I traded it in for a 92 Mustang GT that I still have. I have always loved the Comet's, and Mavricks and would like to find a 71-72 again! Don't know if I can do this due to health problems. Any way good to see so many of you enjoying these great cars. Thanks for bring back the memory's I have had with my two cars.

2. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    Welcome back to the fold, BagaRags. A few of us on here own Mavericks or Comets because of our ties with them from the sebmdies.

Keep your eyes open, hopefully you'll eventually find one that doesn't require a lot of attention.

-Rick

3. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Howdy. Where abouts do you live? there are a lot of get togethers going on across the country. Maybe you could attend some and really get a look at what peopler here are all about.

4. bagarags

bagarags New Member

I live in Pa, about 13 miles north of Carlisle. Let me know if any get togethers are in this area. Thanks.