How do I find out the name of the original fabric

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by rdb, Mar 29, 2005.

1. rdb

rdb Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    I have a 71 Maverick. The seats have a light tan vinyl and on the sitting areas there is a fabric with grey and tan checks. How do I find out the correct name of the fabric? What are some websites that sell the original style of fabrics.

thanks in advance for any info

rebecca

2. maverick1970

maverick1970 MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    69 1/2, 70 Maverick and 71 Grabber
  3. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    Yup .. they'll get it ... I got my Comfortweave delivered today. Everything is getting dropped off at the upholsterer tomorrow. I'm gonna try to be nice and ask him if he can have it done by April 16th for the Georgia Mini-meet... I'm not counting on it though ..

Plan on about $80 per yard.

4. rdb

rdb Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    hey thanks,
    they are sending me samples of what they have. But... if it's possible that what I have isn't original.... Is there a site that would tell the different styles of the cars?? for instance... 71 Mavericks came out in #??? yellow with interior of #??? grey dash area and seat with #??? tan vinyl and #??? check cloth in the seating area... or something like that?

becky

5. dmhines

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    They show the Grey and Tan checkered seats in the 1972 Sales Brochure ... So either it was also available in 71 or somebody swapped the seats ...

6. rdb

rdb Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    Hi. Can you send a picture? Just to see if it is the same fabric? Does it have a color number?

thanks,
    becky

7. dmhines

Vehicle:
    The caption from this 1972 Brochure just says "check" pattern cloth shown below in Beige ....

8. rdb

rdb Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    That's it!! Actually, that picture looks like my car...The only difference is that the top dash and instrument area is a medium grey color..

Now that I have found out this bit of info... We have been planning on putting P/S in the Maverick. But our plan just fell through with the parts. I have been told that he shouldn't need P/S, that it should steer just fine how it is.

So, now, since we don't have to invest in the P/S, my son wants to get bucket seats, and replace the back ones with the matching set. Do you know off hand what type carseats will actually fit in the back? I know that the buckets should be close to universal with some modifications.. But the backseat will have to fit alot better.

Becky