i dont think my valance is fitting right??

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by newtoford, Jul 8, 2007.

1. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    i pulled off my front bumper and the lower fender extensions and bolted up the lower valance. from what i could see there were 3 holes on each fender to bolt up the valance. so i bolt it up but it looks like it sits to far foward by about an inch. when i look at all the pics of small bumpered cars the back of the valance flows right along with the wheel opening in the fender, but like i said mt valance is about an inch foward and disrupts that line. is this a common ocurance with the bumper swap? i know early fenders have the noch in them but i dont think ive read about this before??

2. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    This is correct. It should bolt right up. The notch has nothing to do with the valance. It is strictly clearance for the stone guard. I converted my 77 and had no problems with fit.

3. draggon13

draggon13 Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick V8 5 Speed
    There are 2 different front valances, the 70-72 and the 73 one year only. I am using a 73 on my 74 car and I believe Part-time is using a 70-72 on his 77. I just lined up the back side with the wheel well of the fender and it bolted right where it needed to be, I am not sure if the 70-72 one has the holes in the same place, might have to drill new ones to get proper alignment?

rk

4. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    should be NO drilling...
    do you have a pic. ?

...:bouncy: ...

5. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    sorry for lack of pics, i'll get some tomorrow. the valance is a '70 i believe