Installing a New Headliner Question?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by mrskydog, Mar 27, 2011.

1. mrskydog

mrskydog Ford Fan Living The Dream

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick V-8 / 2005 Mustang /2012 Festiva/ 1978 Pinto/1980 Rallye Pinto.... All Ford Family
    Ok, I am going to get a new headliner installed this Spring. My question is..for those who have had it Installed at a Shop. Did they have to remove the front and back glass in order to Install the headliner/ Or did they install it without removing them? What where the results, and were you happy with it?........:hmmm:

Thanks, Kirk

2. ra3psd

ra3psd Member

Vehicle:
    72 maverick grabber
    I had one put in last year, you do have to remove both front and back windshields to do it properly. Luckily for me, both shops were only 1/2 mile from each other. Nothing like driving a car with no windshield:) Was extremely happy with both shops work.

3. Blown74

Blown74 Member

Vehicle:
    74 302 blown- 68 Shelby Gt 500- 69 Cougar XR7 428 ram air
    headliner

Glasses do need to come out. If you're paying someone to install the headliner, they should know a compatant glass shop who would do the removal and re install of the glass at their shop. Ie- the glass guy will come to the car.

4. Mavman72

Mavman72 Gone backwards but lookin' forward

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 door.Original V-8 3 spd std shift.Also a 72 one owner Sprint sporting a 351 Windsor
    The glass really needs to come out to install the headliner properly. Make arrangements with a good glass shop to remove/install the glass after the headliner is done.