Interior Trim Code 1972 Ginger Interior Spray

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by mrskydog, Apr 7, 2010.

1. mrskydog

mrskydog Ford Fan Living The Dream

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick V-8 / 2005 Mustang /2012 Festiva/ 1978 Pinto/1980 Rallye Pinto.... All Ford Family
    I am trying to match the same Interior Color of a 1972 in Ginger. I need to Dye and spray metal. I have purchased some Ginger Dye but its Color just seems off? Ive been told that Ginger comes in different shades? True.... Im not sure. Anyone know the orginal Color code for 1972 interior. Anybody have past Products that have matched and worked well for you?Do you use the same paint for your Metal as well as the plastic..... I know prep is important to do. Please save me some time and drop some Helpful past Tips and Product Lines that have used and worked well for you. ....Thanks much Kirk :bowdown:

2. FastMav5

FastMav5 Member

It kinda reminds me of the delema when I restored an 81 Z-28..
    Buckskin tan, Saddle tan, Dark saddle, Fawn Beige. God! I dont remember how many there were. Might have to try one here and there or different brands. Dont rule out the chevy stuff, they always have a good selection of dyes that might be spot on. Try em on a few little practice pieces to get the right color depth. Thats what I did. Time consuming and a bit costly but its worth it in the long run. I'd hate to see a friend be ashamed of a color mismatch and blame it on sun fade.

3. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    When we did my green 73, My friend that did the paint & body, took one of the doors to the paint store for them to scan.
    I did at one time have a PPG book, with some of the codes...I'll have a look around in the garage.

4. svthauln

svthauln Member

Vehicle:
    1972 maverick
    My grabber has code NF which means ginger with black cloth inserts. "F" is the code for ginger.

5. z28th1s

z28th1s MCCI State Rep Coordinator

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '72 Maverick Grabber, '75 Comet GT, '70 Maverick (Grabber tribute)
    Do you have a picture of your 'NF' code interior? I just purchased a 1972 Maverick Grabber today and that is the interior code for my car. The interior that is in my car now is black vinyl bucket seats.