J C Whitney Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by jrmpilot, Oct 11, 2003.

1. jrmpilot

jrmpilot Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick Grabber
    Hello All
    My wife purchase a bench seat reupholstry kit from J C Whitney for me last Christmas. I didn't think I had the know how to install it so I had a local professional do it. Thought I would post a picture of it if anyone is considering the JCW stuff. I treated it with "303" protectorant. that is what the guy told me to use. Told me to stay away from armoral.

Attached Files:

2. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    That looks pretty good. Did you do the back seat too? What kind of steering wheel is that?

3. chandler

chandler Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick
    seat covers

That does look good!!! I honestly did not know those kits would turn out like that. Thanks for the post.

4. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    That is a factory 3-spoke rimblow steering wheel found on the early 1970 Grabbers. Very rare wheel!!

Craig Selvey
    1970 Ford Maverick Grabber Registry

5. DAB

DAB MAVERICK/COMET ENTHUSIAST

Vehicle:
    '71 Comet GT V8, 1972 Maverick Grabber V8, 1972 Maverick Sprint V8, 1974 Maverick Drag-N-Fly V8, 1972 Maverick 4-door V8, & 1977 Comet 4-door I6. Also a 1969 T-Bird 429-V8
    They do look nice!

JC Whitney is where I got the covers for two of my cars. I put them on myself--it's not too much trouble.

6. jrmpilot

jrmpilot Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick Grabber
    Sorry about the delayed reply, working nights. The steering wheel is the three spoke. I have one of those "FORD" vinyl steering wheel covers that I got from Target. Seen them at Kragen and Auto Zone. Mostly to proteck the wheel from any further deterioration. I did do the back seats and they look great.
    The card has the original dash on it, no cracks. I got a pd covering that too. This was the proverial little old lady kept it in a garage car.

John

7. Craig Selvey

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    Show us a picture of the outside. :bananaman

8. Tim Wilmoth

Tim Wilmoth Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Comet gt
    pic

off the ford maverick info site

9. Corbin Johnson

Corbin Johnson Member

Vehicle:
    73 LDO, 72 Sprint, 70 Grabber.
    Looks great!

10. Craig Selvey

Vehicle:
    Yep.....that is a 1970 Maverick Grabber.

11. jrmpilot

jrmpilot Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick Grabber
    sorry about being so sporatic in my replies. Again I got the night shift and that screws things up for awhile.

Thanks for posting the picture. Here is a side view. The car was owned for 30 years by the same lady. She had it repainted grabber green when I think it was hit on the right side. (different door indicates repair). It was originally a red color. She died, went to here daughther for two years under a carport. She sold it to a guy who bought it as a ....get this... a learning car for his 16 year old daugther. Only thing is.....no power brakes, no power steering, no power windows....this porridge is too hard to drive.

I was lucky enought to buy it and I know he knew he had something, but he really didn't know what it was other than an old car. since I have had it, I cleaned up the engine, painted the grill and one headlight cover black (silver from the above mentioned possible accident), new radiator, petronix ignition, rebuilt alt, battery and tray, ball joints, shocks, plugs, etc. I love it . the car is called "Joan" after her original ower.

By the way, on that three spoke wheel, the guy I bought it from put the club device on the car. Of course this depressed the rim horn connection until they were completely deformed. He could not understand why the horn was continous when he started up. He disconnected the horn completely. I still have to fix that.

John

Attached Files:

12. chandler

chandler Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick
    your car

That is a very nice car!!!! :bananaman Some people have all the luck on finding cars like this!

13. Bigh4th

Bigh4th Member

Vehicle:
    70 maverick grabber
    wow, nice car man!

Got a question for ya though. I looked on JC Whitney and couldn't find a seat cover for a split back bench seat. Do you know what part number they were, or did you have to have them separated? I've GOT to fix the seats in my maverick as I have a spring poking me in the back and the butt....

-Harry

14. jrmpilot

jrmpilot Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick Grabber
    Harry
    Sorry about the late reply. In catalogue number 679j-10 they are on page 192. In any catalogue they will be under vinyl custom fit seat covers. Mine were the double quilted leather grained heavy duty vinyl. (Part no 78UJ5996AF). At the bottom of the page they give you the type of front bench seat styles. The maverick is the Roll Box style (style 8). The covers are made by autocraft. I know my wife talked with them about everyting before ordering.

John

15. jeremy

jeremy I build t5's

Vehicle:
    1972 2 door 302 maverick, 1986 5.0 stang gt convertible,66 mustang coupe, HEMI ram
    Hey DAB, can you elaborate?? What exactly is involved...is there a lot of pinning? Sewing? How hard would it be for me to make my seat look like his?? do they just slip on??

I don't have a JC whitney catalog,...how much do they cost? If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for installation??