Just painted my new Engine

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by ESampson, Nov 6, 2011.

1. ESampson

ESampson Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Comet GT
    Chev orange..i know i heard all about it at the parts store the guys were giving me crap, but hey it matches my car and i'm happy with it. the new engine will consist of .030 over forged KB's, Scat rods (the good ones) RHS alum. race heads (spec sheet downstairs if anyone wants to know ill go get it), Hooker 6901's, Holley 650 DP (got a 750 also but i think 650 will be fine)
    have my old comp cam 268H cam with about 300 miles on it..would like to upgrade but i have it hanging out so might use it for now. crank is stock but had it polished. Edlebrock performer rpm inatke all balenced also. well heres the pics of the block all fancy and painted.
    img_0797_original.jpg img_0799_original.jpg img_0800_original.jpg
    forgot to say also...had a major disagreement with the machine shop, they quoted me 950 after taxes to get a short block back minus cam, i supplied all parts except for bearings...i get there and the bill was 1050, whatever right 100 bucks for random stuff i understand, i pull around back to load it up and they start to bring boxes of parts, they did not even assemble it what so ever. so they take it back into the shop saying sorry we didn't understand what he said to us i was fine with that. i go back 4 hours later to get it and now they billed me another 547 dollars..saying i cant have my engine till i pay the bill. even longer story short i payed 200 cash more because he messed up all the stuff he wrote down saying it was my fault when he knew exactly what i wanted and quoted me for it. i know everyone needs to make money, but trying to take advantage of me because i'm young doesn't go over to well..he also tried to charge me 190 dollars for a harmonic balancer when i called him on it he said no thats correct..i said no again and then he changed it to 56 dollars. so much for being the best shop in town.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. Grabber71

Grabber71 Milique Toast

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber Maverick 351w
    Looks good Eric! I like the orange..but it will be fun keeping it clean:) What cam were you going to go with later?

3. mav1970

mav1970 Bob Hatcher

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick 393 Cleveland Stroker
    Your engine looks good painted orange even if it is Chevy orange :biglaugh:

Heck, I have 6 inch Chevy rods in my Cleveland so who am I to say anything :)

Since the resession began I see way too many business's doing things like this to stay in business. The problem they don't realize is there will be NO return business if they keep doing this. Grocery stores, gas stations, tire shops, garages - seems there isn't a week goes by that someone tells a story similer to your's - not right :(

4. ESampson

ESampson Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Comet GT
    I'm not even exactly sure anymore..depending on price i might just get a custom grind cam, apparently someone in van does it. and thanks for the number for the guy who shortens 9"'s also he did an amazing job. i will most likely order my Moser axles next week. but as far as the cam goes i just know the thing i got wont get the job done.

5. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer, who is now in the galaxies)
    Give the ass hats a mark with the BBB at least. That stuff drives me mad. :mad:

6. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!

Yup, threatening companies with the BBB has always worker for me (y)
    Especially for the one who don't want to give me a refund.

7. blugene

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    Well.. at least other people can see what has happened and can make an informed decision. THAT might get their attention, not so much the "threat". They usually don't care untill they see you MENT business. IF they happen to want to talk, don't play nice.

8. blugene

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    Even if not a member they still get a mark.

9. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    All they have to do, is respond to the claim, they don't have to resolve it. Businesses have to pay to be in the BBB, many don't bother these days, it's expensive. My business is a BBB accredited business, and I'm proud of that, but most customers could care less who they deal with anymore.

10. blugene

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    I been a member for years myself. Just recently allowed my membership to expire cause it is expensive and I don't make customers mad anyway.
    I think the work being done to this car is nice and it costs enough that he shouldn't get ripped in the process.
    Did I mention I like the orange theme? Looks great. Sorry to get off topic.

11. strokermaverick

strokermaverick Member

Vehicle:
    '75 Maverick 2 door/ 420 c.i. stroker, converted to small bumpers ('73 Maverick 2 door 302 a/c p/s c-4 SOLD) '69.5 Maverick 2 door 200 c.i. c-4
    I hate to hear when a business tries to get over on people. I kinda enjoy setting them straight, when it happens to me though. It hasn't happened in a while, but there is nothing like dealing with people in person.

It looks like you're gonna have a little screamer on your hands, from the sound of your build. Good luck with the rest of your build.:Handshake

12. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    Scrape the paint off the surface where the oil filter seals, and inside that area, it'll just leak, and peal off and flow through your engine.

13. ESampson

ESampson Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Comet GT
    oh ok thanks...i wasn't sure about that.
    and the engine bay is gloss black so i figured the orange would look pretty nice.

14. ESampson

ESampson Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Comet GT
    i didn't take many pics after it was all done..maybe when i pop the hood off again i will but heres the driver side..bit blury like i was jumping around while taking the pic or something
    well. its being a pain and wont let me post it here..but i uploaded it to my gallery so you can see it there.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  15. ESampson

ESampson Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Comet GT
    orig 302 block.