location of electric fuel pump near fuel tank

Discussion in 'Technical' started by dgg54u, Mar 22, 2020.

1. dgg54u

dgg54u Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber
    Hi guys,
    I'm in the process of installing an electric fuel pump near the gas tank but not sure of best place.. can you guys post pictures showing where/how you mounted yours?
    Thanks,
    Glenn

2. leeinphx

leeinphx Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1975 LDO
    No pic of it right now, but I got my idea from seeing someone on here who mounted there's on the steel plate that is just in front of the fuel tank, above the diff. Plenty of clearance and it's away from the exhaust. Plus it's easier to replace if there is ever an issue with it.

On that note, was curious of anyone is using a pump like this one. It goes into the fuel level sender hole. Going to put a '68 mustang tank in my F100 and thinking of doing this in tank pump. Not sure if the Mustang tank and the Mav tank are close, but they both come in from the bottom. I saw this after I had already installed the line pump on my Mav.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8426580&cc=1132333&jsn=10457

BBMS18 likes this.
  3. BBMS18

BBMS18 Member

Vehicle:
    75 Comet
    I’m leaning towards the Hyperfuel 40015 Hy-Fuel In-Tank Retrofit Kit, I prefer the AN fittings.
    http://www.jegs.com/i/Hyperfuel/493/40015/10002/-1

4. Powerband

Powerband Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    ---- 1976 Comet --- 1974 Maverick- - '61 Comet T'Bolt Six ---- 'quite a few projects ...
    I mounted an inline elec. pump right in front of tank ahead of oversize filter. Also added a protective screen for road debris.

IMPORTANT to power elec pump with engine run elec cutoff/interlock - usually a simple oil pressure switch on sensor port for worst-case scenarios ...

have fun

[​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG]

[​IMG] . [​IMG]