Looking for Maverick Parts

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by hate, Jan 13, 2008.

1. hate

hate New Member

Hello guys...

First of all, i'd like to say that english is not my first language, so i do not have a very large vocabulary...

I am looking for some place that sell a maverick part that i don't know the name because i do not know the word for that...

the parts in question are those silver metal parts used for finishing purposes, either internally or externally, externally usually they go around the front lights and crossing the whole car body by its sides...

Two things i'd like to get:

First the name (word) used for those parts
    A technical document or something like that that shows all of those parts that was originally available in Maverick.

Could any of you guys help me out ?

2. mean_maverick

mean_maverick Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 4dr
    any way u could snap a picture and post it for us to see?

3. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    A picture would be great. Not sure what you mean.:)

4. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    i think hes talking about various trim pieces?

5. MikeyBoy

MikeyBoy Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    sounds like headlight bezels and body trim to me

6. hate

hate New Member

Yes guys..

how could i do not remember the word.. hehe, it is Trim, just like the details we do in airplane models while covering it...

Anyway i am attaching a few pics to show exactly what i mean, so that you can confirm whether the right word is actually TRIM pieces... I could say strips too, but trim seems to be the right one...

Anyway, considering that, i'd like to get a official documantation from Form or other trustable source that list all the trim parts that was originally used in maverick models...

Why that? well, those parts give a very shiny and fancy finish to the model, and as you guys must know, the older the car harder it is to get one with all those parts, and even more important, in good state....

I am about to buy a maverick and i would like to get one with every Trim piece, or at least most of them, but in order to determine whether a car has all the trim pieces or not, first i must know which trim parts were suposed to be there, and where they were suposed to be...

Finding those parts in aftermarket over here is too hard, and expansive too... so, i think it would be worth wasting a longer time filtering a good car instead spending so much time later going after those trims...

Here are the pics...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  7. hate

hate New Member

one more...

Attached Files:

• 9.JPG
      9.JPG
      File size:
      28.9 KB
      Views:
  8. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    The car in your pic is not a US Maverick, looks to be Brazilian, so there are a few pieces on that car that are not common to US Mavericks.

In your first picture, you are pointing to the rear window trim, and the drip rail trim.

Your second picture points to the hood lip trim.

Your third picture appears to be pointing to the optional trim on the trunk and quarter extensions, as well as the tail light bezels. The piece that runs the length of the tail panel was not available on US Mavericks.

Your fourth picture is pointing to the trim around the windshield.

Your fifth picture is point to the hood lip trim again, the trim around the head lights could be called either headlight rings or headlight bezels.

The sixth picture is pointing to the trim on the dash. That trim was only on Maverick Grabbers in the US as far as I know.

Just because you find a certain Maverick that does not have one of the above trim pieces (with a few exceptions), does not mean that car is missing that trim. Not all Mavericks came with exact same trim, some came with very little trim, and some came alot of trim. There is also other types of trim that came on these cars that is not shown in your pictures.

9. mean_maverick

mean_maverick Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 4dr

this trim could come on any maverick i think, not sure if it had to have a certain trim package or not but my 4dr and a 75 4dr i parted out both have this trim

10. hate

hate New Member

Hey guys...

My intention was not to get in too much detail about every trim...

I posted the pics only to show you what parts i was talking about once i didn't have the right word to describe them...

now what i need is a resource/document that could tell what trims were originally supplied for every maverick model by ford and where they were placed, specially for the ones made here in Brazil...

In fact i am not sure that there might be such a document...

Does anyone know where i can find such a documentation?

11. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    its going to be pretty hard to find documentationlike that. but with the knowlege floating around here im sure some body can set you straight

if you post up the year of the car in question and its option leven im sure someone can give you all the info you need.