LOUVERS revisited

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Alan With, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Alan With

Alan With Member

Vehicle:
    1970 2dr Maverick, '26 Model T Roadster P/U, '28 Model A Speedster, '52 Chevy Deluxe, '62 Daimler SP250, '66 Pontiac Parisienne, '68 R/W/B Javelin, '70 R/W/B Machine, '73 Grandville, '84 Indy pacecar Fiero ++++
    1) I think the rear window louvers on Rayzorsharp's blue Maverick look great!

2) If you don't like rear window louvers on a Maverick STOP reading NOW!!

3) If you are interested in rear window louvers for Your Maverick I need your help.

Wilpak Industries is the parent company of ASTRO/HAMMOND, probably the worlds largest manufacturer of ... REAR WINDOW LOUVERS!! This coming week the General Manger of Wilpak is going to be considering whether or not there is enough interest in louvers for Mavericks to make production worth while. If the GM feels there IS enough interest then their designers will be asked to start working on the project.

So I need Everyone that is interested in a set of louvers to email info@willpak.com In the Subject line please put 'Attn. Mary Jane/Maverick Louvers' and in the body of your email please use my name ALAN WITH, tell them I asked you to contact them and then express in one or two sentences your interest in purchasing a set of louvers. Mary Jane needs LOTS of responses to pass on to the General Manager.

Wilpack,Astro/Hammond make high quality products. Their louvers come in several different types of materials including metal and are in my opinion, generally reasonably priced. I look forward to hearing that the response has been over whelming. Email now! Even if we don't succeed on our first try keep emailing until they get tired of us. Thanks. Alan:thumbs2:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2008
  2. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    I have Aluminum ASTRO HAMMONDS on my Mustang ... they are excellent quality ...

3. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    They need to keep in mind that the way the trunk opens will interfere with the bottom "slat" if it is put on too low.

4. Alan With

Alan With Member

Vehicle:
    1970 2dr Maverick, '26 Model T Roadster P/U, '28 Model A Speedster, '52 Chevy Deluxe, '62 Daimler SP250, '66 Pontiac Parisienne, '68 R/W/B Javelin, '70 R/W/B Machine, '73 Grandville, '84 Indy pacecar Fiero ++++
    Please note the following correction. The name of the company should read ASTRA/HAMMOND. My apologies.
    Besides making almost 450 different types of rear window louvers fitting thousands of different vehicle models they also make Body kits, hood scoops, front air dams, rear wing type spoilers, tail light covers plus tons of other body accessories. Check them out then Please email info@willpak.com and let Mary Jane know you would buy louvers if they made them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2008
  5. fastfords

fastfords Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick, 71 Comet GT, 72 Sprint, 75 Comet, Maverick Stallion
    E-mail sent, I hope this works.
    Thanks for the heads up, Chuck

6. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Thanks Alan :) I kinda like em myself. I've heard lots of different opinions on them since I've had mine. More positive than negative. There was a guy that was making a set of Maverick louvers a little while back but he was trying to sell them for $350 per set. I take it he didn't do very well since I never heard of anyone actually buying a set. :huh:
    However I have had many members asking me where they could get a set. So, I guess the biggest factor here is whether or not they can be built priced right for all of us Maverick cheapos. :)

7. PAINTANK

PAINTANK Cometosis Obsessivus

Vehicle:
    1973 Comet 2 dr
    Done!
    Hell yes I want louvers!

8. PAINTANK

PAINTANK Cometosis Obsessivus

Vehicle:
    1973 Comet 2 dr
    My Email.

9. 302mav76

302mav76 Isaac Serna

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick
    Maybe they could come up with a louver/latch design. I think I've seen that before, but can't remember which car I saw it. It was pretty neat because the trunk could be opened all the way up and the louvers lifted along with the trunk. That way the louvers filled the whole window instead of leaving a blank space on the bottom.

btw, I love louvers, but don't have money to get a set. Sorry.

10. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    I have responded to the request of an email. I have louvers on my 88 GT and they are latched at the bottom to swing up to clean the glass. Very high quality. Always wanted louvers for my Stallion.
    Dan

11. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    I just sent my email for a set, if they become available. Always wanted a set for my Comet...

12. Alan With

Alan With Member

Vehicle:
    Thanks to everyone who has sent an email. Please remember that when you do email ASTRA/HAMMOND at info@willpak.com you are NOT placing an order! You are simply expressing interest in buying a set of louvers sometime in the future should they decide there is enough interest to go a head with the design work.

13. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    email sent

i really hope this project gets off the ground!

14. 302mav76

302mav76 Isaac Serna

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick
    EXCELLENT!!! Gonna send an e-mail tonight. And maybe spread the word in a forum I know about.

15. soooulpower

soooulpower Semi-Informed Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2 1974 four door Mavericks, one Black, one pastel lime
    I'm on board. About to send the e-mail now.