Made the Kentuckiana Street Outlaws Small Tire List :)

Discussion in 'Drag Racing' started by Maxx Levell, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Maxx Levell

Maxx Levell Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Mav 2 dr, 1971 Mav 2 dr...thanks Old Guy!
    Hey Guys...a local/regional group, Outlaw Street Cars Association, decided they'd put together their own Big Tire & Small Tire "list" for Street Outlaws style racing. I ended up at #3 on the list this Saturday lol. If you're on FB...which I'm not lol, here is a link... https://m.facebook.com/groups/103361436895737?view=permalink&id=110856736146207&ref=page_internal My niece sent it to me :)

There are many faster small tire cars around here than mine...but they tend to get way out of shape because of too much power...and I just spin briefly at the launch sometimes, then lay down a solid pass lol. I have no doubts my time in the top half of the list will be short lived...but it was fun...and I can say I at least made the list lol.

Word is that Memphis is getting their own Street Outlaws show...and these guys were approached about getting a list together to potentially race them at some point. Might never come to fruition...but will be fun if it does.

Wilbur Green and Red1972Grabber like this.
  2. Maverocket

Maverocket Bob Williams

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    69.5 Mav, 62 F100 unibody
    That's cool!

3. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    Thats pretty cool, did have to race on the street to earn the honor ?

4. z28th1s

z28th1s MCCI State Rep Coordinator

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '72 Maverick Grabber, '75 Comet GT, '70 Maverick (Grabber tribute)
    Congrats!

5. Maxx Levell

Maxx Levell Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Mav 2 dr, 1971 Mav 2 dr...thanks Old Guy!
    Hey Mike...

Right now, they're starting with unprepped lanes at the track. They will be transitioning to racing from the other end of the track, heading the opposite way than usual, where there has never been any prep. It's just been something fun to do ...totally different crowd than the bracket racing folks I'm usually around. Nothing bad from either group...just different.
    And no...didn't make any passes on the street. Not that I haven't...ummm..."tested" on a road before lol. I live in the country, and there are plenty of roads with long straight stretches, and zero traffic to speak of, so it's not quite the same as living in the city, and going out and running stop lights or signs with other traffic around.

I'm curious to see how long I can just stay on the list lol...I doubt I'll ever be higher up than I am at the moment. Simply because I'm not going to waste the money some of these guys do trying to eek out every last ounce of hp. If my little car can hang with what I run, then I'll keep playing...when I'm no longer competitive, I'll be back to doing what I do lol.

junrai, yellow75 and Wilbur Green like this.
  6. airford1

airford1 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    I'm sure a lot of fun.

7. junrai

junrai Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mercury comet 1972 comet gt
    congrats on making the list :clap:
    more and more recognition of the underdog maverick and comets that have been over looked since new very cool.

I like your statement Ill do what I do with what I have until its not good enough for me anymore :thumbs2:

thats my attitude. Im building my car for 1000hp but not because I wanted to be the fastest guy out there but just because I could and it was possible with only about $2000 more than I was already spending to build a car with half that power