maverick ground effects

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by maverickdad, Jul 24, 2003.

1. maverickdad

maverickdad Member

Vehicle:
    1974 maverick
    Does anyone know where I could get ground effects? Either a place that makes them or someone who custom makes them? I`d like to find for all way around. Also a trunk lid spoiler.
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. Todd

Todd Mavchanic

Vehicle:
    blue 70 two door
    Ground affects? For a Maverick? No. Nobody makes ground affects for a maverick. What kind are you looking for? a front scoop and a spoiler? or like the stuff they put on these riceburners nowadays?

-Todd:)

3. maverickdad

maverickdad Member

Vehicle:
    1974 maverick
    ground effects

Thanks Todd,
    I saw on here where someone knew a place for a front spoiler. I was looking for something for the sides also. I found some off another car that I think I can modify and use so I will probably try that.

4. Todd

Todd Mavchanic

Vehicle:
    blue 70 two door
    Oh no problem. Good luck with your project. You definately will have a one of a kind mav. Thats what is great about these cars. You can really make them your own!

5. Mavlover

Mavlover Member

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick and 88 Ranger GT
    If this works out, please let me know and post some pics! I am interested in ground effects and etc myself, especially something for those BIGGG bumpers!

Later

Scott

6. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    Scott,

I'd do the small-bumper mod BEFORE adding any ground effects. I can only imagine what the big bumper with "ground effects" would look like. I don't think you'd like it, but then again, to each their own.

Just my humble o.

Rick

7. maverickdad

maverickdad Member

Vehicle:
    1974 maverick
    ground effects

I`m looking for smaller bumpers at this time. I have a 74 mav which has the large bumpers with the guards. I have a smaller one for the front but not sure what year it is off of. It`s not the smallest mav bumper, I guess you could say it`s a midsize. Still looking for a smaller one for the back. I would loke to find the smallest styles if I could find them for the front and rear for a good price. I have some ground effects here that I can modify to work and may try it befor I get my mav painted.

8. Mavlover

Mavlover Member

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick and 88 Ranger GT
    Thanks Rick!

What I am really looking to do is to (somehow) move the big bumpers back close to the body and fenders. If I could ever find a body style that was close in size(Ford Chevy whatever), I believe that they could be molded in. If you'll take a look at my Ranger Gt pic on the off topic page you'll see kinda what I'm talking about. Or look at Eleanor!
    The poly-urethene bumpers on my Gt fit close but still look like a bumper even though there is only a straight piece of steel underneath them. I've talked to some old-time body guys who say that you can chop the bumpers up and section them back together but that is way,way beyond my ability or my budget for custom work!!

Sorry for the long read but I've been thinking about this for a long time and just want you guys to understand what I'm thinking about! I'll probably just keep the bumpers as is but everyones got a dream. Right?

Later

Scott

9. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    What you have is the 73 front bumper which was the transition year. It was enlarged from the 70-72 but not quite as big as the 74-77. The 73 rear bumper is the same as the 70-72 but on more sturdy mounts so it stuck out a little further. A front spoiler is available from MAS Racing Products. Cost was $50 plus shipping.
    651-644-6811. I wrote a small article on swapping bumpers that may help you. Its on another thread:

http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3625

10. maverickdad

maverickdad Member

Vehicle:
    1974 maverick
    ground effects

Thanks guys for the input. I`ll send some pics Scott when I get them done. It will be about 6 weeks or so. For the next 4 to 5 weeks I`ll be working mainly on my interior. I`m starting out with black leather bucket seats and rear seats out of a 1997 saturn. I know what some of you maybe thinking. It can`t be done. I was told that when I put the 300-6 with the 4-barrel intake (also bored 40 over with hi-po cam and hi-po head) in the mav also, and other things I have done over the years. At 47 years old I have found that almost any thing can be done with alittle imagenation (can`t spell ha ha) and work.
    thnaks guys,
    Steve (maverickdad)

11. Todd

Todd Mavchanic

Vehicle:
    blue 70 two door
    You know mavdad, i look up to you. That is awesome that you are "breaking bounderies" in the mav world. proving people wrong in a positive way. That is awesome and i really admire that! awesome job man

12. maverickdad

maverickdad Member

Vehicle:
    1974 maverick
    ground effects and then some

Thanks Todd,
    I`m really looking forward to getting this car done. I hope to have the interior done by the middle of september. Depending on the weather after that will depend on how long the rest of it takes. I`ll try to put some pics on here of a 1951 chevy pick-up I did about 15 years ago. I made the bed out of wood. It wasn`t a flat bed. I made the sides and fenders out of tounge and grove cedar siding. I made the bumpers out laminated 2x6 cedar boards. Not just striaght. I hand carved them to have the curve like the original bumpers. The wheels even had wood spoke inserts. I painted it metal flake brown. It had a 250 with hi-po cam, header and 3 single barrel carbs. Her name was "brown sugar" and she was sweet. I guess I do things a bit different sometimes but thats what makes it mine.
    Steve (maverickdad)

13. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    Here is one with ground effects. Don't ask me the source....I don't know.

Attached Files:

14. AdsMav

AdsMav Member

Vehicle:
    1976 Maverick
    The front airdam looks similar to an 89-91 style Daytona. People sure do like different things!

15. Corbin Johnson

Corbin Johnson Member

Vehicle:
    73 LDO, 72 Sprint, 70 Grabber.
    As far as the fender skirts on that car, I have seen them in the JC Whitney catalog.