Mavericks/Comets annonomous

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by frank, May 31, 2004.

1. frank

frank New Member

Hello to everyone, my name is Frank and I've been a maveriholic for the last 30 years. I've tried to quit but I just can't let go. I own three Mavericks at the moment '71 '72 '76 and had others in my past. :bananaman I live in the lower part of hampton roads of Virginia called Chesapeake. I show my car in the local area car shows and have only seen three for the past 10 years. I guess that's because we're not as common as our Mustang Buddies. They seem to get a kick every time I show up for the shows while their cars blend in, mine stands out. I like to be different from the rest, odd as it may seem its a good feeling. :D Maverick and Comet clubs don't exist on the East Coast as far as I know only toward the mid west. But having Fun Ford weekend only 2 hours away makes it worth going to. I'm happy to hear so many are interested in these cars,and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you who will attend the MCCI. :clap: Ya' all take care now...................................Frank

2. frank

frank New Member

Looking for a trim piece for a 71 maverick 2 door ,located on the drivers side rear quarter panel that starts at the back part of the door,about 1/2 inch wide with a black strip within it. This travels along the side over the wheel and straight to the rear bumper. Does anyone out there have what I'm looking for ?

3. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
  4. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Howdy Frank, My oldest daughter lives down by you. Ford Carlisle is next weekend and only about a 5-6 hr drive. You might consider trying to make it. If the weather is nice, I predict at least 24 cars will attend.

www.carsatcarlisle.com

5. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    "Welcome Frank".

Looks like you've completed your first step to your addiction (admitting you have a prob).

Welcome aboard,

Rick

6. Tim Wilmoth

Tim Wilmoth Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Comet gt
    Hey Frank
    I see you found the site and Welcome aboard. Glad You have decided to attent the mini-meet . Cya the 26th
    Later Tim

7. Jean Doll

Jean Doll Maverick Restoration Tech

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a 302.
    Welcome Frank. You are quite right about Mavericks being addictive.( Just ask Doug.:D ) I used to be addicted to Mustangs. In fact I had three of them at one time. Then one day I kicked the habit and started a new one. I traded my last Mustang for a Maverick and now I have two of them. If you can, try to make it up to Carlisle this weekend. We would all love to meet you.:)

8. frank

frank New Member

Carlisle Event

Jean,
    Wish it would be that simple,but unfurtunately I have other plans already.:( I would have loved to attend, as I've heard lots of Carlisle and how big it is.Plus it would take around $500.00 for this three day stay which included a open trailer for the car. Its about 6-7 hours away from where we live,but we'll try next year.I remember last year it was so bad with the weather and all that we were glad we didn't go. We had all that rain that weekend all the way up the coast.
    Fun Ford weekend here at Motorsports park, Petersburg Virginia is only 2 hours away from us,which isn't so bad, and that's this June 25,26,&27.
    Well anyway, what got you hooked on Mavericks ? I've had one way back in High School and thought back then that they were cool, just couldn't afford a nice one. So years later I was thinking why not another and its been over ten years now rebuilding.I stripped 4 other cars for parts then kept the rest. I'm still planning to sell my 76 model, just had the motor rebuilt and still have to install it.I haven't come across any special ones,nor have I really looked for one.
    Well,I better not bore you,sure you have better things to do.:rolleyes:
    Take care Frank