New Dash Cap

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by rayspaceboy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. rayspaceboy

rayspaceboy Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    I'll post before and after pics in a few days. My dash is the moon right now. You could stick little flags all over it. This is going to be great!

What's crazy to me is all the ebay cats and dash companies showing $35+ for shipping (I got free shipping from JCWhitney). I entered the weight and dimensions into FedEx and got $7.35 as the shipping cost.

2. facelessnumber

facelessnumber Drew Pittman

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber
    Yeah, JCW is the best place to buy that cap. Lots of people sell them, but they're all Accu-Form and identical in every way. I think you'll like it! One word of caution though - extreme July/August deep south sun will warp that thing in a few hours if you don't use a windshield visor or some other means of shading it. It took a very specific set of circumstances for it to happen to mine, but it did. Nothing too major, but I notice it...

3. jncastell

jncastell Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick Grabber Clone
    This is good Info for everyone that plans to buy a Dash cap because believe it or not mid-summers in northern Utah are known to get up to 108 degrees for a couple of days and when an Arctic front stalls on us usually around late December early January its gotten as cold as minus 14 degrees for a few days like a week.