New roofrail weatherstrip???

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by NICK DOMINICK, May 13, 2005.

1. NICK DOMINICK

NICK DOMINICK MCCI Virginia State rep.

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber 302, 1973 Maverick my first car that is under restoration, 1972 Grabber and 1976 Maverick parts cars, 2012 Mustang GT, 2001 Lightning
    The new roofrail weatherstrip that is available for our cars comes in black. I'm talking about the flexible plastic part that slides on the steel lip that holds it on. Black is great if you have a black interior, but I don't. I was just wondering what everyone is doing that has this same dilema? I was thinking about leaving it black and dyeing the rear side glass weatherstrip black to match it. It would be easier to dye black than the roofrail would be to dye and match the rear. Both would have to be dyed to match but the roofrail would be a bitch to tape up. Black would match the windshield and rear glass rubber seal. I'm not being lazy, I just was wondering what it looks like.

2. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    Nick; the roof rails are a pain to dye, but worth it. I had to dye mine charcoal gray, and they have been good for about 4yrs now. Go for it!

3. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Nick, I had the same issue with my car. Like you said, the windshield weatherstrips are black already so I decided on leaving mine black. I think it looks fine leaving it all black too so either way would be okay. I have yet for someone to look inside my car and even notice it. It all blends in just fine. So now you only need to decide WHICH way to go.:D

4. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    I used the same interior paint on mine that I used to paint the rest of the interior. I had to paint mine white. They were a pain to tape up but pretty easy to paint.