New to here

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by twista_120, Mar 11, 2004.

1. twista_120

twista_120 New Member

Vehicle:
    73 maverick
    Hey, I just bought a '73 Ford Maverick for 200 dollars
    it runs pretty good but it needs a new transmission (ive found one but havent bought it yet) It really needs some new seats carpet and dash i want the seats that are in it right now theyre the bench seats if i could get my camera to work i could show you all, but do you know where i could get these thanks.

2. RudyD

RudyD Pretend Mechanic.

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick.
    Well you have a couple options, you could have them recovered, swap them for new buckets (expensive), search through salvage yards till you find some nice ones. Put on seat covers, ect. If you post some pictures we will tell you the best way to go. By the way, welcome to the forum, you will meet some of the nicest people here and it is a great place to ask questions.

3. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    t-120, welcome to the board. the bone yard will be your best friend to your mav. i also have a 73' mav. the guys and gals here will help you find what ever you need. be it parts or tech. info. we also love pics. before, during and after. later ...frank...:bananaman :bananaman :bananaman

4. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    There have been good deals on new carpet on eBay from time to time. The lowest cost is to find a good seat, but they are often hard to come by. I was just at a wrecking yard which had several Mavs/Comets and there wasn't a good bench in the lot, much less the buckets. Seat covers are the next cheapest option. JC Whitney sells custom fit sets as well as as several companies. They also have carpet kits. Upholstery shops are expensive as I've found. The best price I got for recovering my buckets was $500/pair. If all you need is the dash pad, the cheapest way to go is the caps from JC Whitney or on eBay. They can be dyed the right color and are supposed to be good quality. Replacement pads are getting very scarce. I haven't found a good one for a while. They would be more expensive and are not easy to install.

If there is anything I can do to help, drop me an e-mail.

Welcome aboard!!

5. qicvick

qicvick Member

Vehicle:
    1972 grabber
    Wecome to the world of Mavericks!