Next Best Thing Outside Mirrors

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by RUBEN VARGAS, May 30, 2007.

1. RUBEN VARGAS

RUBEN VARGAS Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Mercury Comet
    5/29/07

The sport mirrors on my comet are great looking; however especially on
    the right side its hard to see the blind spots. I've got fish eye mirrors on them now and that helps. But does anyone know of any other side mirrorsthat are better - maybe like Porshe mirrors or something that fits?:character0182:

Thanks

Ruben

2. gmichaelj

gmichaelj Member

Have you tried adjusting them like this? From Car Talk:
    "Start by setting your rear view mirror as you normally wouldThen, lean your head all the way to the left so it touches the driver's window. From that position, set your left side-view mirror so you can see the back corner of your car. Now lean the same distance the other way, and set your right side-view mirror the same way.
    Now, here's what happens. When a car comes up behind you, you should first see it in your rearview mirror. But as it passes you (let's say on your left), you'll see it move to the left side of your rearview mirror. And as its left headlight disappears from your rearview mirror, it should instantly show up in your left side-view mirror. There should be no delay. It should slip from one to the other, so you can always see it."

I've done this now for the last couple of years and it works very well.

Russell likes this.
  3. Russell

Russell Orejano

Vehicle:
    Maverick
    What? What?......I tried that, tried again....now I feel like I've got one eye fishing, and one eye digging for worms....

gator25, Earl Branham, mojo and 2 others like this.