NHRA floor paint

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by stmanser, Jun 28, 2005.

1. stmanser

stmanser Looking for a Maverick

NHRA approved floor paint

does anyone know a good interior paint that is NHRA approved...

looking for somehting like rhino liner. ( i heard rhino liner is flammable even after cure)

anyone know of a good floow coating that will hold up to moisture..i will be putting a sound deadening and carpet over it....

i kknow that por-15 is a good paint...but i was thinking of something in the sound deadening area .....

thanks

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  2. stmanser

have you heard that rhino liner is flammable? anyone??

when i was at the drag strip last time at SIR....the tech official said that rhino liner is flammable and a guy almost died because the stuff caugth on fire so fast he almost didnt get out in time....

thats why i am hesitant to use it

3. maverick1970

maverick1970 MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    69 1/2, 70 Maverick and 71 Grabber
    I had the Rhino coating in my last truck and I know that it remains flexible even after cure. So I would guess it would burn or melt and put off fumes. On my current truck I went with a Line-X liner, it is sprayed on at a higher temperature and cures within minutes. Much nicer than the Rhino Lining IMO. For a car I would look into LizardSkin

http://www.coollizard.com/

4. BIGbully

BIGbully Maverick Maniac

I agree Line-X seems to be a better product and You can even have it custom color matched. I would not be afraid to use it on the floor of a race car.

If you want sound deadening and a spray-on material there aren't a ton of options. But I would think no matter what you choose it won't catch fire as easily as carpet.:yup:

5. stmanser

that is true....i hadnt thought about the carpet....that would certaily catch fire before the floor.... hehehe.....

i heard line-x was good and i heard rhino liner is good.... kinda like everything else i guess....eye of the beholder...

i guess i will just go get some car paint....paint the inside...and then get some sound deadening stuff and then carpet over that...

thanks

6. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    The Pentagon was just covered with a clear Line-X. You can coat a cinder block with that stuff, drop it 30 feet, and it will break, but stay in tact - no splattering of pieces. Line-X is on my Dad's F-250. It's good stuff. I've heard Custom Linings is as good. Wayne (wayne's ford) is a dealer and installer for them. PM him and ask him your questions about linings.

7. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    "I've heard Custom Linings is as good. Wayne (wayne's ford) is a dealer and installer for them."
    Wayne buddy...are you out there...w.f.f.

8. stmanser

the pentagon? what the? that doesnt make any sense at all....but then again...anyhting for our government to misappropriate funds....

what a waste of money....lol

9. maverick1970

maverick1970 MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    69 1/2, 70 Maverick and 71 Grabber
    Actually it makes a lot of sense. While added to the exterior of the structure it prevents blast induced penetration into the structure. Interesting stuff.

10. waynes fords

waynes fords Member

Vehicle:
    1973 grabber,2004 ford dually,2000 gulfstream motorhome,2003 ford expedition,66 mustang gt
    Hey I'm here!!!I am a dealer for Custom LInings the best product!!! my product is a high heat high pressure and very tough and durable. I've sprayed all kinds of things from truck parts to foam signs!! my product is polyurea resin and is not flammable, its a 2 part system and one part has a low flammable rating in liquid form but after spraying its not. bring me your car and I'll spray it, it makes p/u's quieter and sound deadens road noise. my product does everything the brand-x does but it has a tougher tensile strenght and I do a very good job with very happy customers!! thanks and come see me. MCCI members get a discount!!$$$$$$$

11. stmanser

i would bring you my car...but i am in arizona.... :(

but thanks for the offer....i am sure other people will be interested