Opinion On Cloning My GT

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Tlowery643, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Tlowery643

Tlowery643 Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    I posted recently that I had looked at the Comet Stabber At Pugmire Lincoln Mercury when I was 16 (in 1972), I have loved them ever since that time, I am seriously thinking of cloning my GT into a Stabber, my GT already has the Air Shocks, so it would be a matter of adding the Side Pipes, Slotted Mags, Hood Pins, and Decals (which I can have made at a friends print shop). What is your opinion on this? Will it increase or decrease the value? any other things I should consider? I have been told also that the sidepipes will not have the great sound it has now as it sounds great!:huh:[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    I don't know if I'd want "The Stabber" on the side of my car, and come to think, wasn't there a serial killer that drove a Comet??
    It's your car, do what you want with it. Value wise, it's a local thing to you, not much of an overall market, and out of style, don't concern yourself with value, your not selling it.

3. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    I would say it would add nothing to the value. In my opinion...it would decrease the value. It would basically be a clone of a car that was strictly just a dealer "put together" package. I would value a true GT more than that.

4. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    i agree with craig

an easily removable decale might not be bad but i wouldnt take it past that

dealer installed options and special editions really dont mean much to me either

you already have a really nice gt, i say keep it that way

5. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    If it was an original Stabber Package car with documentation ... I would say go for it ... but since it isn't ... I say don't.