paint

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by yesszach, Apr 26, 2011.

1. yesszach

yesszach New Member

Vehicle:
    1974 mercury comet
    i have a 74 comet and had a rust spot i buffed out. i want to paint it but the color wont match. is it worth the effort to try and match it myself or have someone match/paint it for me?

2. car-nut

car-nut Glenn

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    How did you buff out a rust spot???? How would you go about tinting the paint yourself for a color match? Do you have a mixing machine with all the tints on it at your disposal?

The best thing you can do is go to a good jobber store and talk to them. They should be able to scan the color and then tint it to a blend-able match for you. We do it all the time for customers.

3. yesszach

yesszach New Member

Vehicle:
    1974 mercury comet
    it was just some surface rust, took some paint with it and i dont want it to come back. i didnt really think of the color match thanks

4. Mavman72

Mavman72 Gone backwards but lookin' forward

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 door.Original V-8 3 spd std shift.Also a 72 one owner Sprint sporting a 351 Windsor
    Unless you removed all the rust...Paint wont help for long. If you did get all the rust off and are familliar with doing spot panel repairs...Listen to car nut...If not find a good shop to repair it for you.