Painting Details

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Corbin Johnson, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Corbin Johnson

Corbin Johnson Member

Vehicle:
    73 LDO, 72 Sprint, 70 Grabber.
    I was wondering how Mavs came from the factory with the interior paint on the doors. Did the interior color carry on to the window frame as well? Just curious, as I am right now spraying the interior door frames. When I go the car it was all repainted with a crap job. Yellow on the outside, and on the insides of the doors, so I have nothing to base it off of. Thanks.
    -Corbin

2. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    The interior doors, frames, and all exposed metal were all color matched to the interior

3. Jean Doll

Jean Doll Maverick Restoration Tech

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a 302.
    On my 77' Maverick, The exterior color is red and the interior is black. The door jambs are red and the doors themselves are both red and black. My inside window frames are also red. This is the way it came from the factory, yet I have seen other Mavericks were the inside doors were all one color to match the interior.

4. Corbin Johnson

Corbin Johnson Member

Vehicle:
    Well, I guess I have a couple options, seeing that they came either way. Thanks.
    -Corbin

5. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    Corbin; I painted my inside doors the color of the interior, charcoal gray, in this case. I painted the door frames, metal parts of the inside, and up to the rubber and around the bottom of the door, inside the gaskets. Looks good. I also smoothed the texture from the door tops, so it is smooth. Like it better that way, and made my own door panels. Just an option or two. BTW, the car is Grabber Green, '70 code Z.

Earl

6. Jean Doll

Jean Doll Maverick Restoration Tech

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a 302.
    I must stand corrected on this subject. I goofed. My doors originaly were all one color. I have been doing a great deal of research on older Mustangs lately in preperation for one we will be fixing in the future. The doors on Mustangs were two-tone from the factory and I confussed them with the Mavericks. I guess I had a bad case of Mustang on the brain. My husband painted the doors on my Maverick like the doors on the early Mustangs and they look really great painted that way. Sorry for the misinformation.:oops:

7. Corbin Johnson

Corbin Johnson Member

Vehicle:
    Yeah, I painted the inner door interior color, which I was going to do, but I decided to wait on the window frames, as I don't know which I want yet. I carefully masked off the rest of the door right behind where the weatherstripping goes, and when I install it, the body color and the interior color will be divided by the weatherstripping. It looks good. I guess I was just asking if the window frames were interior color as well. Now I know the answer. Thanks for the responces. ;)
    -Corbin