plastic stripping on door panels?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 76stallion, May 26, 2004.

1. 76stallion

76stallion Member

Vehicle:
    1976 maverick stallion
    Hey guys, in my mavericks interior theres little plastic chrome strips on the door panels. The chrome has started to fall off and i was wondering if i can just get them dip again or do i have to do something special because its plastic. Thanks alot

2. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    It was previously brought up on this board about the stuff on this web-site: http://www.bare-metal.com/ - I purchased two sheets of it but have not got to my door panels yet ... looks like it should do the trick though ...

Oh yeah ... How about a picture of your Stallion?

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  3. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    Yeah, could you provide us with some details on your stallion?
    Welcome to the board
    Dan

4. 76stallion

76stallion Member

Vehicle:
    1976 maverick stallion
    Thanks guys ill have to check that sight out. I would post you a picture but i dont have a digital camera. Ill try and get 1 soon and get some pictures of it. I got all the original parts for the car. I have the original 302 in it with a holley 650 double pumper, crane high performance cam, hooker competiton headers, 4 speed toploader tranny, im goin next week to get a new igniton box because my dad had the car in our garage for about 10 years and he drove it acouple of times but the ignition box just melted. Right now were building the car up alittle bit but keeping all the original interior in it and were keeping everything that we took out of the car. Im gonna get some new gears probably 4.11.

5. Dan Starnes

Vehicle:
    Cool, is it a factory stick shift car? What color is it? You have a very very rare car.
    Dan

6. 76stallion

76stallion Member

Vehicle:
    1976 maverick stallion
    yeah it originally came with a 3speed but we took it out and our saving it. Yeah i read that there was only like 5500 built. It originally was black and silver but my dad painted it for my uncle like 15 years ago. He painted black and under the door handles theres still the silver it came with. We are gonna repaint it black.

Is your stallion original?

7. Dan Starnes

Vehicle:
    Wow, another V8 3spd Stallion, That makes the 4th I know about. I was told by a longtime Ford dealer that only 550 V8 stallions were produced. In 1976 90% of new cars were automatics. Then only 55 V8 3spd Stallions were produced. Mine is a stick car too. Mine is not stock.
    306 CID
    4spd toploader
    9" Strange rearend with explorer disc brakes
    Headers, intake, holley, caltracs, hurst shifter, 17" Torque Thrust II's
    and converted to small bumpers front and rear with a grabber hood and rear spoiler.
    that bout sums my car up

Dan

8. 76stallion

76stallion Member

Vehicle:
    1976 maverick stallion
    nice car, it must run and ride really nice.wow i didnt know that it was that rare of a car. Maybe when i get it all done ill try and go to one of the maverick car meets and maybe ill see u there.

9. Wilbur Green

Wilbur Green Member

Vehicle:
    76Stallion, 762dr.
    Dan how close do you think those Nos. are on v8 cars was thinking of stripping the 3 speed car we got off of e-bay have talked to the person that had it in Columbus, Oh what happened was he moved and left it sit where he moved from and they towed it and when he found out it had been in an impound lot they wanted more money to get it back then he could afford. He said he got the car when he lived in Canada was V8 with 3 speed on floor was black and sliver just like our other one was repainted all black guess if there was only 50 some 3 speeds we should be thinking restore but it's a basket case.

10. Dan Starnes

Vehicle:
    Wilbur, I think it is within reason of being close. Even if they made double that, 110 cars is rare rare rare. Back in the 1980's a long time Ford Dealer was pestering me about selling him my car. I occasionally drove it to work and the dealership was right across the street. He told me about the 55 being produced way back in 1984. Back then, the cars were not so old. Now with most of them gone it makes ya think. I would be a buyer for that Stallion if you decide to ever sell it. I know it is rough but I have fixed worse. You going to Carlisle?
    Dan

11. 76stallion

76stallion Member

Vehicle:
    1976 maverick stallion
    Hey Dan on my stallion when we put the new toploader in, the speedometer cable doesnt reach. Did you have to put a new speedometer cable in when you put your toploader in? if so what one did you get. Thanks

12. Wilbur Green

Wilbur Green Member

Vehicle:
    76Stallion, 762dr.
    Dan; we are not going to make Carlise we were planing on it but then found out it was Grad. on that weekend and we had close family finishing school that weekend. Will have to wait till Round-up to see you all.

13. DAB

DAB MAVERICK/COMET ENTHUSIAST

Vehicle:
    '71 Comet GT V8, 1972 Maverick Grabber V8, 1972 Maverick Sprint V8, 1974 Maverick Drag-N-Fly V8, 1972 Maverick 4-door V8, & 1977 Comet 4-door I6. Also a 1969 T-Bird 429-V8
    Here's Wilbur's Stallion:

[​IMG]

We'll miss you Wilbur at Carlisle, but we will see you in New Castle!!

14. Dan Starnes

Vehicle:
    My speedo cable did not reach at first. Then I worked with it making it reach by making it's route to the trans straighter. It just reaches.. Still that way some 27 years later.
    Dan

15. 76stallion

76stallion Member

Vehicle:
    1976 maverick stallion
    alright ill try it, thanks