rear quarter panels

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 351cMAV, Oct 20, 2003.

1. 351cMAV

351cMAV Member

Vehicle:
    76 Maverick 2dr
    I've been looking around on the net but can't find anyone who make rear quarter panels, or patches.
    Is there a company out there that does make them, or am I SOL.

IF not does anyone got any suggestions on how to repair rear quarter rust, its around the wheelwells, both behind and infront(behind the door)

Any input is must appreseated
    Thanks

2. RabidCustoms

RabidCustoms sic minds demand sic toys

autokrafters has them

3. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    I can get them also, OEM quality. They go for about $265 +. They are available. I haven't heard how Auto Krafters quality is though I know they are a bit cheaper.

4. Mavericknutt

Mavericknutt member

Vehicle:
    1971 maverick 2dr m2 front end coil over ladder bar rear suspension 472 ci. C-6 tranny
    Radmav bought some he could answer the quality ??? and the auto krafters 1/4 pannels are only $164.95.......

5. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    I have one comment about replacement body panels. If the price seems cheap, get all the info you can about it, and even inspect them in person if able.
    Dan

ps the price Wes quoted is for OEM quality panels. Very important to know the difference in the quality.

6. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    Right as rain, Dan. These are the same panels I put on the Stallion when it was done. The supplier I have an account with will NOT sell any body panels that are not OEM quality or better. It is a local family run business and they have high standards. I've heard all too many horror stories about people using inferior quality panels on their cars and trucks just to have the same problem reoccur down the road. Another concern is fit. These panels fit like a glove and the body lines are in the proper places. They do not go up the "C" pillar as the original Ford panels did, but stop at the base of the pillar. I believe that all the aftermarket panels are made like that.

I learned a while ago, sometimes at my expense, when you cheap out, you pay for it twice.

7. bmcdaniel

bmcdaniel Senile Member

Vehicle:
    '70 Maverick Grabber
    I had Autokrafter's quarters once upon a time, the fit was terrible. I ended up getting NOS quarters from a place in Michigan (?). Green Sales Company, they sell only original Ford parts.

http://www.greensalescompany.com./

8. RabidCustoms

RabidCustoms sic minds demand sic toys

the 1/4's I've used from autokrafters fit very well, body lines were correct and all the contours right. we have them on both of our cars.no complaints here.....anyone thats seen our 77 can tell you how it looks, the 72 isnt done so you can take that one as my opinion. yeah you do have to be careful of quality versus price not just with parts but everything anymore. shop around, get them where you feel comfortable.

9. bmcdaniel

bmcdaniel Senile Member

Vehicle:
    '70 Maverick Grabber
    RadMav

How long ago did you buy your Autokrafters quarters? I bought mine about 10 years ago. Maybe they have a better source now.

10. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    I'll bet money there is only 1 manufacturer of Maverick/Comet quarterpanels. More than likely everyone who sell them gets them from the same original source. A few years ago I checked 5 different venders at Carlisle and they all were getting them from the same manufacturer.

11. bmcdaniel

bmcdaniel Senile Member

Vehicle:
    '70 Maverick Grabber
    The ones I bought from AK definitely weren't OEM. The corners at the front edge and rear edge weren't sharp bends, they were kind of rounded. The ridge that runs down the center from front to rear didn't meet the ridge on the door and there was something not right about the openings for the parking lights, but I don't remember what. I think back then someone said they thought those quarters were made by Sherman & Associates.