restoring the interior questions

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by JD71, Jul 20, 2008.

1. JD71

JD71 John Kenney

Vehicle:
    71 maverick
    I Just got my 71 maverick painted. its being done by a friend for free and its not completly done but its royal blue and black. i want to re do the interior to match. so how can i get new arm rest and color them? how do i redo the door panels cause the board is falling apart and how do i color them? how do i color the rear side panels and parts around the back dash? the head liner? and the front dash and gauges? and how can i paint the Crome trim, mirror, and handles black?

2. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    All of your plastic and vinyl pieces can be painted or stained. SEM products are the best. In addition to getting color sprays, get their 38343 Vinly Prep for soft surfaces and the 39133 Flexible Primer Surfacer for the hard surfaces. I use the 38343 on hard surfaces before applying the primer. You can the SEM products at most good auto paint stores.

3. Cometgt_71

Cometgt_71 Member

Vehicle:
    71 Comet, 2 72 Comet GT's , 73 Comet GT, 77 Maverick
    RPS did have door panels available, but i did not see them the last time i visited the website. these were the panels minus the vinyl upholstery covering them. i have used vinyl die before with success, and it still looks good after several years now. the seat covers can be made custom like the originals (with modern materials), or you could die them if there in good shape. carpet can be bought for under a couple hundred in the color of your choice too.