Rood Dents

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by YotaRacer, Dec 5, 2004.

1. YotaRacer

YotaRacer Member

Vehicle:
    75 Grabber
    I just brought home a 75 grabber (y) and when I was washing it up I noticed some dents in the roof. They look as if someone had put a small child on the sides and the back. The strange thing is the 73 I traded for the 75 had the exact same dents in almost the same places. Are the mav's know for getting dents in the roof from the body flexing or could this just be some kind of strange coincedence.:confused: Any ideas???

Mark

2. YotaRacer

YotaRacer Member

Vehicle:
    75 Grabber
    Roof Dents

I was wondering? The 73 had a 6 but was pretty much rust free the 75 was/will be a V8 manual trans car. so far the only rust I have found is the bottom of the drivers side rocker panel and just behind the tire on the rear quarters is just starting to rust. Yellow 75 made me a killer deal on the car with all parts to put it back together.:D So today was wash and strip it down day. I guess I will have to get some pictures and post them tomorrow.

3. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Then your not looking hard enough. :D

Actually its kinda weird how these cars rust. My Sprint had 3 of 4 windshield post corners rotted out and yet the cowls were fine. It also had lots of rot on the drivers rear door post, the panel that has the door latch. I have seen original cars have the rockers rotted out big time yet good fenders. I have a 71 which spent its entire life in Baltimore. The only rust on the whole car is quarter size holes right behind the rear wheels on both sides. Plus, the tail light panel has major surface in about half a dozen places so bad, it is rotted through. And it rotter from the outside. Like I said, weird stuff.

4. Jean Doll

Jean Doll Maverick Restoration Tech

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a 302.
    There is one more major rust area on these cars that seems to be very common in my part of the rust belt. ( Pa. ) I have seen countless Mavericks around here with rotted through left rear frame rails. Not so much the right side but almost always the left. Darned if I know why.:confused: