Seat Foam

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Darwin'sheros, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Darwin'sheros

Darwin'sheros Member

Vehicle:
    1974 302 Maverick
    I wanted to replace my crapped out interior with some true black interior (My interior is originally green, and spray painted it black with some vinyl spray), so I was looking at some 65 Mustang interior. I don't have a good picture of my interior myself, but I'll add a picture of the same seats for reference. Anyway, I know I'll need some seat foam because the shape is entirely different, but I was wondering if I need a whole new seat frame? Can I simply remove the old seat foam and install the appropriate 65 Mustang ones, or am I just SOL?
    Also, what about the back bench seats?

Here is the upholstery: http://www.autokrafters.com/v4/go.g...products&show_product_id=826362&product=29841

And the seat foam: http://www.autokrafters.com/v4/go.g...products&show_product_id=470081&product=29801

Below are what I currently have, basically.

Attached Files:

• int.jpg
      int.jpg
      File size:
      76.8 KB
      Views:
  2. ford84stepside

ford84stepside Lone Wolf

Vehicle:
    1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe
    Nope, what you have listed will not work. The pics of seats are the LDO style. Mustang buckets are totally different. You might be able to get foam from an upholstery shop and make it work, but I don't know anybody making repop foam for LDO seats. Maybe some other seat is close, I don't know. As far as the upholstery goes, any upholstery shop can use your seat covers as patterns to make new covers. JC Whitney also sells prefab covers, never used them myself, but have seen pics of some that looked pretty good. Good luck.