shifter plate

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by JD71, Oct 6, 2007.

1. JD71

JD71 John Kenney

Vehicle:
    71 maverick
    has anyone ever seen some sort of shifter plate, like instead of havinga boot or bag or whatever its called on the base of the shifter have a metal plate with the shifter positions cut out for the stick to go in and out of. like for a 5 speed the plate would have a cut out of the picture thats on the stock nobb tellin you where the gears are. ive seen pictures of them on nice cars like farrari of lambos. i was thinking of making one in my tool and die class, any ideas or imput on this?

2. Eddie Maverick

Eddie Maverick General Garageman

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick LDO
    My only input is make two, and I'll buy one. I've been wanting to do this ever since I decided to put a T-5 in my Maverick(y)(y)

3. JD71

JD71 John Kenney

Vehicle:
    71 maverick
    ok i will when i get time to even make one, right now i dont have a t5 but i plan to get one. one day if you dont have anything to do you can try to find a way to measure the distances and stuff like that for the stick to move threw. if not itll probably be a while before i can get it done

4. Mavman72

Mavman72 Gone backwards but lookin' forward

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 door.Original V-8 3 spd std shift.Also a 72 one owner Sprint sporting a 351 Windsor
    Its called a shifter gate.They are really cool to look at.A pain to work with if the distances arent perfectly calculated.Ferrais and lambos use them due to the fact that th connection between the shifter and the engine is 3 or 4 feet long.They are meant to take the slop feeling out of the shift handle.Makes power shifting a bit more precise though.:drive:

5. JD71

JD71 John Kenney

Vehicle:
    71 maverick
    i know i could make one if i had the car here to get in and look at