Skulls and flames

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by BIGbully, Aug 23, 2004.

1. BIGbully

BIGbully Maverick Maniac

I was going to paint our new 4 door Mav the origninal color but I see an opporunity to bond with my kids and have some fun too. My daughter (the 7 year old artist/car designer) wants me to put flames on the four door, she is wild about them on cars. We came up with a medium/lt blue metallic base with light blue flames with pirate skull ghosts in the flames. When we got done it sounded kind of cool. Painted bumpers and shaved handles maybe?

Or is that over the edge for a daily driver and one pretty close to an easy restoration? :confused: :)

2. PINKY

PINKY .....John Ford.....

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    Its hard to go over the edge....unless you own that "bling bling" maverick thats on evil bay!

3. Maverick73

Maverick73 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr, '73 Maverick LDO 4 Dr, '73 Maverick 4 Dr Parts Car
    Don't put any flames or skulls on it or paint the bumpers. that stuff would make the car look crapy in my opinion. Go with your original idea paint the car the original color and put some nice mag wheels on it that's what I did to mine and it looks great.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  4. MaverickGrabber

MaverickGrabber MaverickGrabber1972

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber 393w
    sounds cool a wild 4 door.... I say go for it! ....would make a good opporunity to bond with the kids....and hey maybe she will take over the car when she is 16....and not want a Honda or what ever is hot at the time

5. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    big-b., go for it. you can always change it later if you don't like it. the kid will love you for ever for doing it (y) . j.m.o..frank..

6. BIGbully

BIGbully Maverick Maniac

I keep going back and forth. Part of me wants a resto car but part of me wants a custom car to drive everyday. I work in a custom car shop as a fabricator, mainly fiberglass and metal but I do get some painting in now and again. Being around wild vehicles gets you in the groove for that somedays. I would definitely keep it first class, like ghost flames with pirate skulls barely visibly airbrushed in them. You might not even notice them at first glance. I think it would be very tasteful and with the right wheels downright wicked. Time will tell. I appreciate your input. Thanks guys.

7. sumopatrol

sumopatrol Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Maverick 250
    Do it.... I have flames on my car and believe me you will love the looks and just the fact that tons of people come up to you just to talk about your car. Its fun...

8. Erick-Mav

Erick-Mav Maverick Punk

Vehicle:
    71 Grabber-Factory V8 w/3spd, 72 Maverick-351 Procharged for Strip, 71 Comet GT-331/4spd
    You should paint the cool flames and skulls on it, but keep some of the hidden areas original so that you can repaint it to the original color later after flames and skulls become lame. You and your daughter will always have good memories of the Maverick with flames project and isn't that what its all about?

-Erick