steve badmav.. lookie

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by scott, Oct 25, 2003.

1. scott

scott Member

Vehicle:
    1970...302 c4 hookers dynamax (for now)
    i know you are a granada-tologist. please answer me this one. ( not just steve... anybody who may know) i found a really nice granada with a pretty decent front seat. (bench with center arm rest that pulls down) todd took the LDO buckets from our 72 and put them in our 70. it is almost time to put the 4door back on the road so i am wondering if the granada bench will be a decent drop in for my 72?
    thanks

2. badmav70

badmav70 Member

Vehicle:
    missing my 71 maverick i6 3 on the tree :(
    let me do some checking, i just junked the bench from my granada when i sent my parts car away. but i will get out the measuring tools.. i still owe a lot of people info on steering columns.. i know the bench your talking about, there nice but still not as nice as granada buckets.. are you planing a trip to your favorite junkyard anytime soon? i may have some things to add to your list... lol

i thought you guys had a few sets of mav buckets?

3. Todd

Todd Mavchanic

Vehicle:
    blue 70 two door
    not any more... the seat were too low and smelled funny. but that granada bench is sweet. there is also a set of granada buckets. how well do they fit?
    it was a 78 i think

4. badmav70

badmav70 Member

Vehicle:
    my granada buckets are from a 4 door, so there in my granada. i have been meaning to take one out and see how it lines up in the mav. the problem that im thinking is that most of if not all granadas have cats, so the pass side may be tough to make fit.. if you have the tracks from the bench you took out of the 4 door you mat be ok.. i was going to try to get mesurements today, but it has been raining.. keep reminding me, i'll get them for you as soon as i can..

5. Todd

Todd Mavchanic

Vehicle:
    blue 70 two door
    measure please
    let scott or todd know

6. badmav70

badmav70 Member

Vehicle:
    I finally got a chance to get the measurements between the maverick bench and Granada bench, I didn't physically put a Granada bench in a maverick but the measurements were the same.. I know this may not be a very popular swap, but I bet there are some of us that may want a more comfortable bench seat..

Side to side (left to right) is 41" center of stud to center of stud
    Front to back is 12" center of stud to center of stud

Margin of error is maybe 1/8" It was dark and raining out side when I
    checked. The holes for the seat post are 7/16 DIA.

So it looks to me like it will work. You can find some really nice bench seats from the 78-80 Lincoln Versailles (all will be 4-door only) and mercury monarch they will have the top of the line stuff in them, some even have a rare split bench.. the 75-80 Granada's and monarch ghia's will have nice seats as well...

if i come across a granada bench to try i will let you all know for sure, if anyone else would like to try this please let the group know.. Steve

p.s. i still owe some of you measurements on steering columns between a Granada and a maverick, this info should be coming soon, and as weather allows