Stupid Question.

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by boogiedad, Feb 10, 2008.

1. boogiedad

boogiedad Future V8 Mav owner

Vehicle:
    70' 2dr Maverick
    Ok, here we go. Just finished paying on my 70' Mav and am preparing to bring her home. In the deal I got a replacement hood and two replacement fenders off a donor car but I have to strip the fenders myself. Being as how I have never done any bodywork on a vehicle, how easy should it be to strip them? Just a couple sockets and a pair of pliers easy? Will post pics of her once she gets home.

2. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Fenders are fairly easy to remove a regular socket set with a few extensions and universal will do. There is one bolt in the door jam, a couple underneath, behind the wheel well, 3 bolting the valance to the front bottom lip, 2 bolting the stone guard to the bottom of the fender, and the ones across the top edge under the hood. Unplug the head light and side marker light. What year are the donor fenders? If they are 73 or newer, you will have to make a slight mod to work on the 70.

3. boogiedad

Vehicle:
    70' 2dr Maverick
    Fortunately all the donor parts are off a 71'...the guy I am buying them from had a total of 7 or 8 Mav's in different states of disrepair on his property.

4. scooper77515

scooper77515 No current projects.

Vehicle:
    Fresh out of Mavericks
    Don't tell anybody where this is located...you may have yourself a gold-mine of parts until you get everything you need. Once you are done, THEN say "Hey, I just found this lot..." :D

5. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    You shouldn't have told me that. I may have to take a run to bremerton to find it myself.:DJ/K I used to live on Pleasnt ave in bremerton. I worked for Quest out on Auto Center Way for quite a few years before moving to Az.:)

6. boogiedad

Vehicle:
    70' 2dr Maverick
    Just need the fenders and hood which I already have so "HEY, I just found this lot..." lol Anyone local to Wa who needs parts for 69.5-71 Mav's let me know and I'll give you his #