Tail-Light refurb.

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Ken2002, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Ken2002

Ken2002 Member

Vehicle:
    '77 4-door, 80,000 hard miles, no rust, lotsa dents, 200-I6 w/C4 Auto.....Shes my toy!!
    On a whim last night I was looking at the sorry, dim, and dirty looking glow from my Mavericks tail lights. So I popped the trunk and pulled em' out. Wow! I couldnt believe the entire light assembly can be taken apart with only a phillips screwdriver..
    Wasnt long before i had the lenses cleaned and polished, the reflectors were cleaned and painted with Chrome paint then everything was reassembled,,,,What a difference! now the rear of my old car doesnt look as neglected as it used to. It was so bad you could see all the dirt in the lenses with the lights on.

Ken2002

2. 754dr.

754dr. 2dr. want to be

Vehicle:
    1975 Ford Maverick 4Dr power stearing, breaks w/disc, and a/c
    I had the problem

Well whe I had to park my car for a long time I did that too!! I had glass in them form broken up bulbs, dirt from 30 years of driving around, my lens were the worst, had to sock them in some mr. green stuff then put them in some hot water, in the day it looked alot better (cleand up the crome) the lens weren't dirty, and best of all at night people could see me before they hit my rear bumper!!:D