Thank You

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Group (MCG)' started by jmgford, Jul 29, 2013.

1. jmgford

jmgford Member

Vehicle:
    '71 Maverick, '69 Fairlane 351, '12 F-150, '02 ZX2
    I would to thank everyone that attended the Gathering this month. Even though I tend to stress out on details, I thoroughly enjoyed having all of you in my home and in my city. I appreciate the time, resources, and effort it took to drive or fly here. On top of that, so many of you came early in the week, which was a big bonus for me, in having more time to visit.

You are a great group of folks and the main reason we signed up some new members again on Saturday. My Maverick friend, Ken, here in Dubuque has called me twice since the Gathering to comment on how thrilled and surprised he was, at how friendly and hospitable everyone was. He has been attending car events as long as I have, and said he has never run across a group like this before.

Also thanks to Bob from Chassis Connection, and other members of our group who donated door prizes. And to Ruth & Don for organizing the door prizes and car show awards.

A special thanks to Jeff Phillips for all his hard work throughout the past year in organizing and putting the engine together for the swap project. He was the driving force behind it and it would not have materialized without him. I sent Jeff a special personalized Gathering plaque to present to his friend, Larry in Joplin, who donated the cylinder head work. Also, thanks to Ward Frahler, for the beautiful paint work on the air cleaner and to the Hahn brothers for the steerhead mounting.

Thanks to Jim Allen for being our "under-car" guy for the engine swap. Lots of hard (and dirty) work, while the rest of us were topside for the easy stuff.

2. Fro

Fro Member

Vehicle:
    19691/2 maverick 1971 maverick
    Thank you Jack for all your hard work. We had a wonderful time.

3. maverick1970

maverick1970 MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    69 1/2, 70 Maverick and 71 Grabber
    Thanks Jack for hosting a great Gathering. For many years it was me and one or two of my son's attending. Last year my wife and youngest son attended. Now my entire family looks forward to the Gathering each year. The kids talk to each other throughout the year and can't wait to meet again. Sounds like the ladies (Mavrettes) are working on plans for future Gatherings. I am thankful for the great friends that I have met and will meet in the future.
    It is truly an event for the entire family.

Did anyone get a picture of Jim Allen before he threw away the shirt?

4. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    sorry Effie, Patches and I couldn't make it this year. we have always had a great time at the Gatherings, meeting up with new people and seeing old friends...:thumbs2:

we'll see everyone next year...:yup:

Frank, Effie and Patches

5. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    What stinks about missing a Gathering is it's another year of waiting..

6. jmgford

jmgford Member

Vehicle:
    Forgot to add thanks to Tony & Terry Hahn for once again supplying the nice wooden plaques for the awards.

7. Fro

Fro Member

Vehicle:
    19691/2 maverick 1971 maverick
    And thanks to John Grice. He was always there to help. Didn't matter what you needed he was the go to guy.

8. jmgford

jmgford Member

Vehicle:
    Oops. :cry: Pretty bad that I left Dad out.:hide: