Torn seat!

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by simple man, Dec 22, 2011.

1. simple man

simple man Member

Vehicle:
    74 Maverick - 82 Ford Ranger,one of the first ones made!
    Has anyone ever used a type of glue to repair this? It is right along the edge of the stitching. I would try sewing it, but you would see it and it would look like crap!
    This is on my back seat, which I won't use for passengers, if it can be helped. :)
    Man, I didn't know my seat looked that dirty! A photo shows it up for sure. After it gets fixed, it gets cleaned! :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. ford84stepside

ford84stepside Lone Wolf

Vehicle:
    1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe
    You might be able to use "stitch glue" on that. You can get it in the craft & sewing section of WalMart. Never tried it on a seat, but I've used it to glue cloth patches on caps. It's really strong when dry, you'll pull part of the cap off with the patch if you try to take it off!

3. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    That particular "panel" can be replaced by an upholstery shop. If you take them the seat, it can be pretty inexpensive to get done. Hopefully they have a scrap piece to match. If you want the EXACT same material....contact SMS Auto Fabrics.

4. b_ryce70Mav

b_ryce70Mav Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    The problem is that its not really a tear but rather the stitches pulling through the old dried out vinyl. The thread is now stronger than the vinyl so anytime somebody sits on the seat it will continue to pull apart. If I remember correctly people have used mustang seat covers to reupholster their rear seats. If its close on width the most you would probably need to do would be to add a little foam in any loose spots.