Updates II, are you tired of them yet!!

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by jpollard, Apr 25, 2004.

1. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    1977 Factory 302 Mav. 1970 Cougar Eliminator, 1975 302 Grabber, 1976 4door 200...and still looking
    Ok...spent all weekend working on the maverick. I got my drive shaft and drive shaft loop in. I made the loop Saturday, I think it looks great but I have never seen another one in person, do I have enough clearance on it? Also, got my e-brake and brake systems finished and working. All the exterior parts painted (mirrors, valance, rock guard..etc). Sealed all the seams under the car...this thing should float! Ran my battery cable from the trunk and tons of other little stuff. I think I can have it running this next weekend. Hopefully will have a pictures of the tires smoking!! My wife is getting a little annoyed at all the time this is taking but I am sure she will think it is worth it when it is done. If not, oh well, I will enjoy it! :D I am trying to keep up with Robert Raney...its going to be close. :bananaman

I have been so busy with this, home computer business and work that I havent been able to pull a lot of parts that some people are wanting. I plan on doing it this week....sorry for the delays, I havent been getting to be till 1 am at the earliest for the last 2 weeks. I am about wore out......I will get them pulled, not sure if they are still wanted......sorry.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  2. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    1977 Factory 302 Mav. 1970 Cougar Eliminator, 1975 302 Grabber, 1976 4door 200...and still looking
    d-shaft loop...

I know, its dirty under there! I need to wash it already and I havent even been on the road yet. :) This car is going to be a daily driver.

3. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    Top side

Oh forgot, buffing will be done in the next couple of days. I will post some pictures then.....

4. M.A.V.

M.A.V. Yep,my real initials.

Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber Maverick,1966 Fairlane GT Pro Street
    Car looks great! Just a bit of info for you though. I did`nt know it either until mine was installed but ...N.H.R.A. rules say that the driveshaft loop MUST be installed no less than 6 inches away from the Front U joint. You may not care about that if you are never going to run it at the track. Just thought I`d tell you before a track tech guy does.;)

5. Sam M.

Sam M. Just a nobody

Vehicle:
    1972 Black Comet EFI 2-Door, 1975 Blue Maverick factory 302 4-Door
    Absolutely beautiful! What a nice looking job!

6. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    M.A.V. - I realize that the placement of the loop isnt where it should be but my track just wants it over half way up the drive shaft to the front. I couldnt bring myself to drill more holes in the floor, so I used the seat bolts. I hope it is never used! It should pass tech here....hopefully. Thanks for the info, I may have to move it some day.

Thanks, Sam.

7. riporter

riporter Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick 2 dr. modified street cruiser, 72 Comet tube chassis drag car
    I don't know much about draft shaft loops either Jim but that's some nice metal work.
    That paint job is just KILLER(y)

8. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    What did you use to remove all the factory windshield caulking prior to painting?

9. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    I used a lot of paint thinner and elbow grease and a screw driver for scaping....not fun but had to be done. Took a couple of hours and is messy.

10. Mavericknutt

Mavericknutt member

Vehicle:
    1971 maverick 2dr m2 front end coil over ladder bar rear suspension 472 ci. C-6 tranny
    Jim no race with me mine is still in about the same.....but I did beat you to the running part.....by the way it looks great you have alot to be proud of:)

11. jpollard

jpollard Member

Vehicle:
    Shoot...Robert, this is nothing compared to what you have been doing to yours!!! Is it running again?? (Thanks)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  12. Mavericknutt

Mavericknutt member

Vehicle:
    1971 maverick 2dr m2 front end coil over ladder bar rear suspension 472 ci. C-6 tranny
    for now yes......I need to run it more then pull the distributer and check the gear again.....I will know more this week.....I ran it for an hour or so today after I changed the oil again.......oddly enuff this thing has had more oil changes than my truck has had in the last year:p

13. Country Mav

Country Mav Die-Hard Ford Guy!

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 2-door Maverick 308/C-4
    You got it looking great man!!! That's some pretty good motivation for the rest of us!! And by the way, I never get tired or updates! Looks really, really good!! And yes, hopefully I will get to meet many of you this summer! Preston

14. Maverick Guy

Maverick Guy Maverick Enthusiast

I agree!!! :cool:

15. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    when you comming over to paint mine!