VIN on a mexican Maverick

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by FoMoCoMave, May 27, 2011.

1. FoMoCoMave

FoMoCoMave Member

Vehicle:
    Ford Maverick '75, 302pcd, 4+R Hurst
    Hello to you all...
    I just joined this great forum!
    I'm a 25yo mechanics from Mexico and I just bought a 75 Mexican Maverick that Im willing to restore... It has a little bit of rust on the cowl area and other areas that might be hard to fix... but Im looking the project with good eyes, the only problem is that I dont have too much time to invest on the car, so it will be slowly but steady I hope...

Im stuck with this problem now: I CANT FIND THE SERIAL NUMBER (VIN) OF MY MAV! I know, its a must, to checked it before I bought it, but what can i say =S... so if you could help giving me the exact locations of where I can find for it?
    Note: the tag on the driver's door its gone for good, also i heard that mexmavs dont have a tag on the dash by the windshield as the usmd do, if it is not true, it is also gone :(
    pictures of the actual locations of the chassis serial number (VIN) will be great...
    thanks in advance-PIP

Hola a todos!
    Me acabo de unir a este gran foro
    soy un mecanico de 25 aƱos de edad de Mexico y acabo de comprar un Maverick Mexicano del 75 que tratare de restaurar... tiene un poco de corrosion por debajo del tablero y en otras areas que pueden ser dificiles de reparar... pero estoy viendo el proyecto con buenos ojos, el unico problema es que no tengo mucho tiempo para invertirle al auto, asi que sera despacio pero seguro, eso espero...
    estoy atorado con este problema por ahora: NO PUEDO ENCONTRAR EL NUMERO DE SERIE DE MI MAV! se que es de "ley" haberlo checado antes de comprarlo, pero que les puedo decir =S... asi que si alguien me puede ayudar dandome la localizacion exacta de donde lo puedo encontrar?
    Nota: la placa de la puerta del conductor no esta, tambien escuche por ahi que los maves mexicanos no traen el VIN en el tablero cerca del parabrisas como lo traen los gabachos, si esto no es cierto, tambien no lo tiene :(
    fotos de la localizacion de los numeros de serie (VIN) en el chassis seria de mucha ayuda...
    Gracias de antemano-PIP

2. franktf

franktf Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Mercury Comet
    :Welcome:to the site!!!!! Sorry I can't help ya but I'm sure someone will know.....

3. mav1970

mav1970 Bob Hatcher

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick 393 Cleveland Stroker
    :Welcome: from Northeast Pennsylvania

I only know the VIN locations inside the driver's side door frame and rivoted to the top of the dash on the driver's side :)

4. kyle1972

kyle1972 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 4 door Maverick 250 I6
  5. FoMoCoMave

FoMoCoMave Member

Vehicle:
    thank you all for the welcome... I hope someone can post some pics of the VIN locations.
    about the other threads I've checked before I joined thank you!

6. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    :Welcome:to the board....

7. FoMoCoMave

FoMoCoMave Member

Vehicle:
    well I'm happy to announce that I have finally found the VIN code on my Mav, I couldn't be happier! I'll be posting some pics soon, hoping to be helpful for someone with the same problem!

8. MaverickLVR

MaverickLVR takes longer then you think...

Vehicle:
    1976 Maverick Stallion, 1967 Olds Delmont convertible, 1999 Harley FatBoy
    welcome from the mitten!

:pub:

for anyone interested in the answer:
    The vin number on a Mexican mav is on an aluminium tag attached to the drivers door under the latch mechanism.It is not riveted but glued and many times it is either missing or covered up on repaints.
    The one other place to look for it is under the front fenders where they are attached to the front clip. They have this serial number stamped on the sheetmetal.
    Mexican mavericks did not have the vin numbers on a dashboard plaque like their USA counterparts...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  9. FoMoCoMave

FoMoCoMave Member

Vehicle:
    thanks on the update refering on AMERICAN MAVERICKS but it doesn't apply to MEXICAN ONES... sometimes the aluminum tag placed on driver's door is missing due time, that was my case, and I was literaly desperate on finding the VIN on my car. MEXICAN MAVERICKS does NOT have the VIN under the front fenders (both of them), trust me, I have spent about 4 months trying to find it. The location of the VIN number on MEXICAN MAVERICKS it's on the "pared de fuego", (sorry but I don't remember de exact words right now in english), on the passenger side stamped on the sheet metal; mine's was under 5 layers of paint, making it nearly impossible to be found on previous lookings, I'll be posting some pics in the future to help those ones with the same problem =)

10. miguel

miguel Member

Vehicle:
    1970 maverick
    Welcome from california, Gardena, and I'm from guanajuato mexico

11. FoMoCoMave

FoMoCoMave Member

Vehicle:
    gracias miguel! =)

12. maverick@heart

maverick@heart Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1975 American Maverick, 1976 Mexican Maverick, 1973 Maverick
    My 1976 has the vin number stamped on the edge where the fenders are bolted on and it is mexican.
    It could be the act of anyone else, stamping them.
    Some of my friends found VIN numbers stamped on the chassis by where the gas pump is on the engine.
    Pared de Fuego translates to: Firewall

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  13. FoMoCoMave

FoMoCoMave Member

Vehicle:
    Yeah everyone kept saying me that the VIN should be on the chassis where the fuel line enters the engine compartment but I looked there and nothing. maybe in 1976 ford de Mexico complies to standard de VIN location on the fenders but in my 75 wasn't there it was on the "firewall". is your VIN 11 digits?