Vinyl dye issues solved, for you also!

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Wes, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    I've been trying to find the dye I need for the 4 door and found something great in my quest. I found a body shop supply that will custom blend any color you need regardless of whether they have a color chart to go by or not. I gave them a piece of material and they duplicated it perfectly (my case was medium poly blue, trim code PB). FYI, this color and numerous others have been discontinued as normal stock itmes by PPG. The cost is not ridiculous, either. If anybody does not have a supplier that can do this in your area, e-mail me and I can get it for you as I now have an account with them for my business. I will need a sample to match it, but the turnaround is only 3 days or less to blend the colors. It is available by the pint, quart, or gallon. No thinning is necessary to spray it on to whatever you are dying. Only vinyl prep and cleaner is needed which I can get also, professional grade.

It's always good to find a solution to problems like this for the older difficult colors to duplicate.

2. Todd

Todd Mavchanic

Vehicle:
    blue 70 two door
    Wes, I have a question. Can they also color match paint for the metal on the doors and the plastic interior panels? In a spray can?

I eventually want my interior blues to match.

-Todd:)

3. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    The interior paint is not a problem. I got that also from one of my suppliers. It comes in pint, quart, etc. only, not in spray cans. The good news is that you only would need something like a Preval sprayer or an airbrush if not a regular spray gun. It only needs a 1:1 mix with lacquer thinner. I've only seen companies that custom make spray bombs for exterior colors, not interior.

4. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Best thing to do is go to a local body shop and find out where they buy their supplies. If they have the ability to put exterior paint in a can, shouldnt be any reason why they cant put interior in there too. It may be a short self life thing but the suppliers are a wealth of knowledge.