Vynil

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Snazzman, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Snazzman

Snazzman She's a beautie....

Vehicle:
    '73 mav 4Dr
    So Yeah i have a Brown car, and it sucks. As for most things in the interior I know i could change eaisly, but as for the headliner.....it's Vynil, and in perfect shape(As is most of the rest of the interior), but its brown. So what i need is yalls opinons on such paints and dyes for vynil, or the possibility of finding a replacement ( which i really dont want to do!). I want the Paintjob to be Ford Blue on Black, but i might just go with like a Metallic Copper just to accomdate the interior's doo doo brown. is that krylon stuff any good? any advice is appreiciated,as i searched the forum and didnt find anything on pleather...

2. T.L.

T.L. Banned

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2-door, V-8
    Nothing wrong with brown interior. Brown goes with anything. I would not try to dye the headliner. Either go to the trouble of replacing it with a black one ($70.00 plus you have to remove the front and back windows), or stick with the brown...

3. NICK DOMINICK

NICK DOMINICK MCCI Virginia State rep.

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber 302, 1973 Maverick my first car that is under restoration, 1972 Grabber and 1976 Maverick parts cars, 2012 Mustang GT, 2001 Lightning
    I have two Mavericks with the do do brown interior. I love it. If you don't like it and it is good shape, I will take it off your hands and you can get the color of your choice.

4. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Yea Nick, but then your anal and do do brown just goes with the territory. Did I mention you got my NEW visor????

5. NICK DOMINICK

NICK DOMINICK MCCI Virginia State rep.

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber 302, 1973 Maverick my first car that is under restoration, 1972 Grabber and 1976 Maverick parts cars, 2012 Mustang GT, 2001 Lightning
    Dennis, what do you mean I got your new visor?

6. stmanser

stmanser Looking for a Maverick

krylon as in paint for the outside of the car?? no.... do not use krylon in painting the exterior of you car.....get automotive paint...and if you havent painted a car before then i would not attempt it...

you will need a air compressor
    spray gun
    respirator
    tape
    paper
    automotive primer
    automotive paint..

etc

7. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    My dad's Comet originally had Avacado green interior from the factory. He changed it to black for several years and then to silver and blue. The headliner, dash, and other interior parts were painted with vynal paint both times he changed the interior color, and it looked GREAT.

8. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    We've covered dying vinyl before, but I'll stick my 2 cents in again here.

You need to make sure the material is clean first. It's best to use a vinyl prep to prepare the surface to accept the dye. Otherwise, it'll possibly crack and peel. You can get this at any good body shop supply outlet. It's best to use a professionally prepared dye that you can get mixed at the same outlets. The rattle cans of dye do work, but spending a bit more and using a sprayer seems to make a big difference. I redyed the interior of the PoliceMav and used a small touch-up spray gun with my compressor. It came out exceptionally well. I bought the touch-up sprayer for $15 and it layed down the dye smooth and steadily with no runs or drips. The difference between what I did on this car with the cheap sprayer and before when I did the Stallion with rattle cans was like night and day.