what do you think?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by buddy, Sep 1, 2003.

1. buddy

buddy New Member

Vehicle:
    My 1975 Maverick Grabber with a factory 302 that A nice Lady Gave To Me(soon to have a 351 P.I.)
    Hello(first thread)
    I am restoring a 1975 2 door Maverick Grabber. It has a factory 302 automatic plus a mint green interior and white/green exterior
    im planning to put a 351 police interceptor into it and repaint it high gloss black with two white raceing strips across the top, while redoing the green stripes over the wheel wells in white.where it says grabber on the stripes its gonna get redone in a bold font.
    any ideas on what and not what to do, as i am only 17 and the car was free(it sat for three years but started right up)while cash is tight. I already sent for a autokrafters mag (a friend whos restoring a 62 impala got it )

Thanks

2. Corbin Johnson

Corbin Johnson Member

Vehicle:
    73 LDO, 72 Sprint, 70 Grabber.
    Sounds like you have an awesome starting point! As far as what to do, and what not to do, it is all up to you. Everything as far as customizing these cars are all up to personal preference, which is the beauty of it. Go with your instinct, and if you need any help or suggestions on anything specific let us know here and we'll help you out if you need it. I would suggest first off searching the board for anything you want, and then go from there. The 351 swap has a few quirks, which have been discussed on this board quite a bit. Search for the 351 swap and you'll find tons of info on that swap. Good luck, and welcome to the best Maverick Message Board on the internet!!
    -Corbin Johnson

3. Wes

Wes Maverick Police Dept.

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick Stallion '76 Maverick Metro Police K-9
    Welcome aboard. I have to agree with my distinguished colleague, Corbin. You do it as you want. A number of owners have done the 351 swap and it is supposed to be a bit tricky, but do-able. There was a guy running a Mav 351W this weekend at the strip and it was awesome. Check the past posts for info about what others have done with the swap. You can also just post on the "technical forum" with particular questions you have. Good luck and make you post pictures when you're done. It sounds like it going to be some machine when you're done.

4. buddy

buddy New Member

Vehicle:
    My 1975 Maverick Grabber with a factory 302 that A nice Lady Gave To Me(soon to have a 351 P.I.)
    Yeah, just tellin everyone the 351 isnt gonna work(right now that is) and im just gona work on the stock 302