What do you think?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Moneymaker 1, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Moneymaker 1

Moneymaker 1 Green Street Beasts

Vehicle:
    1972 Green Maverick Grabber Street Beasts
    Ok now I am no good at photoshop (just got it yesterday) but I was wondering about this kind of paint job...sorry had to use old pic and quick fix for example pic....I know everyone has seen the fade type like a dark color on the bottom to a lighter color on top..I think I want that. It will be ford colors like Royal Blue on my 98 F150 on bottom fading to Grabber Blue on the top...all metal flake.
    Has anyone done this? and (opening a can of worms here) what do you think? will it look ok? Opinions wanted (after all opinions are like a****les everybody has one...some married guys have more...but I divorced that one)
    I know I'm a little early on this kind of thinking.....but a plan is a good thing to have.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. poil27

poil27 Member

Vehicle:
    I6 maverick 1970
    look's good have you tryed with black on top
    or blue top and silver

3. Bryant

Bryant forgot more than learned

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    71 Maverick
    im not liking the fade. its just not my cup of tea. but its not my car, its yours so you get to do what you like.

4. indyman13

indyman13 Member

Vehicle:
    1973 w/ LDO and those bucket seats that bring back fond memories when I was about 19 years old back in '74
    From what I've seen, the fade is a real tricky technique to master. I also think metal flake is going to add to the difficulty since it can be a beast to lay down a nice uniform metal flake finish just by itself. There are however a few Michaelangelo's out there who could probably pull it off.

5. JesTer

JesTer Boo, the JesTer

Vehicle:
    1976 Maverick
    I must agree with Bryant, its not my cup of tea either, but the only opinions that matter are the ones that matter to you

if you like it, then do it, take pictures, post them, cause i would like to see the car when its done