What Paint for Behind Fenders

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Ford Guy, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ford Guy

Ford Guy Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Grabber
    This may be a silly question, but while I'm about to pull the fenders off the car while the engine is out and paint the engine bay and I also want to paint the area that is behind the fenders. I don't know the proper term for the area I am talking about, maybe the inner fender? Anyways what kind of paint would ya'll use. I used Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator on my floorpans and it worked well there, or should I use some sort of undercoating? Thanks

2. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    From the factory, It was painted black, with sealer in some areas, but not covering the entire area. A good quality paint, like their Chassis Black holds up well, I used it on my rear wheel wells.

3. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    I wire brushed everything down and painted it with Rust-Oleum 7777.
    the back side of the fenders were done with...Gatorliner bedliner...this also helps with stopping the popping down of the top of the fender when you lean on it...:bouncy:

Attached Files:

4. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    Undercarriage of car done in Eastwood Chassis Black. Wheelwells done with 3M Undercoating.

[​IMG]

5. predfan2001

predfan2001 David in Tn

Vehicle:
    70 Mav 75 Comet 64 Comet 68 Mustang
    The outer cowl/outer kick panel areas would be body color behind the fenders. The outer aprons black.

I've got my fenders off and I'm going to attempt to use Eastwoods inner frame coating inside of the cowl area to protect whats left.

I'd also recommend stripping all of the sealer from the outer cowl/outer kick panel area and resealing it while your fenders are off. Mine was all coming loose and starting to rust on the surface.

6. Ford Guy

Ford Guy Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Grabber
    Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate it. Now I'm going to go take advantage of this beautiful weather we've got here in NC and get it done.