What tires and various other acessories look the best on a 76 Stallion?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tires' started by AmandaMichelle, May 11, 2006.

1. AmandaMichelle

AmandaMichelle New Member

Vehicle:
    1976 Ford Maverick Stallion
    :rofl:I hope I don't become known on here as the helpless female that doesn't know much about her own car but I have another question and hopefully someone can help me out by answering it. What tires, rims, hub caps, etc would look best on a 76 Stallion?

2. boss9

boss9 Member

Vehicle:
    77 4-door 250 I6
    To me, rims and tires are reflections of the owner. What I think looks good, you may not. I personally think for a stock look on the Stallion, or any other Maverick, a beauty ring and poverty cap looks good. On the other hand, Fenton aluminum slots or Magnum 500's look good as well. But I don't care for the "stock" look so for me Centerline, flat-face low dish front and deep dish rear look good. Just some ideas, good luck with your decision.

Darrel

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  3. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Thats like asking what color should I paint my car. Everyone has their own ideas. Best bet is to look around and see what floats your boat. If you can, make it to Carlisle in a few weeks. Or better yet, make it to the Roundup in July. There will be around 50 Mavericks and Comets with a wide selection of wheels to look at. My own personal opinion is wheels that hide the lug nuts or classic wheels like the Cragas SS or the original Torq Thrust. I also like 15". I think the 16" are pushing it and anything bigger looks ridiculous. But thats just my opinion. I like no more than 60 series tires. Around 245-255 on the rear and 215-225 on the front.

4. sierra grabber

sierra grabber Certifiable

Vehicle:
    71 grabber red and black; 74 2dr LDO comet
    like they said, definately a personal opinion. I like the mag 500 or torque thrust d for a stock look. but you may want something more modern depending on your taste.some people like the raised white letters, some prefer a black wall. even tires can be different depending on if you prefer to cruise or want to drag race or like to zip around corners hard. use the search above for rims and you may find some old posts of peoples different choices as well.

5. grbmaverickmo

grbmaverickmo That Maverick Guy

Vehicle:
    70 grabber.71 4dr v-8 stick.72 Sprint
    Color of car also helps on wheel choice. Whats yours

6. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    how much money you got :p

7. sierra grabber

sierra grabber Certifiable

Vehicle:
    71 grabber red and black; 74 2dr LDO comet
    yeah:lolup:. there are the custom rod shops that make CNC lathed one of a kind rims that run like 10k a piece. If only i was a millionare:(

8. M.A.V.

M.A.V. Yep,my real initials.

Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber Maverick,1966 Fairlane GT Pro Street
    My advice is take a long look through the gallery here you are bound to find something you like. Then come back on the board to nail down what size tire and wheel you want to get.

9. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!
    Dont forget that tires dont just affect the look of the car, but also the performance(Traction) and handling.

10. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    It's a personnel preference. I like the factory aluminum slotted mags myself. I also like the Crager S/S mags....

11. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    I think the Magnum 500's look great on the Stallions

12. ModMav71

ModMav71 Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick Grabber 98 DOHC Cobra engine w/5speed, 1974 Pinto 2.0 4speed daily driver.

:rofl2: :biglaugh: Sorry but that is funny stuff. jk

It all depends on the look you are going for. Are you wanting to stay close to stock? Are you wanting more of a drag look (fatties in back, skinny's up front). Or a more modern or Pro-touring look 17" or larger? I prefer 17's or 18's myself and I know more of the younger guys will agree with me on this one, than the ol'skool guys. But to each his own.
    I think though if Ford would have had the choice to put 17" wheels on the Maverick back in the 70's they would have. They may not ride as nice as 15"s due too the smaller sidewall on the 17"s, but I think everyone would agree they handle way way better. But like the other guys said look at other Mavs and their wheels and find what size you like and go from there.