Which one to redo???

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 754dr., Mar 25, 2002.

1. 754dr.

754dr. 2dr. want to be

Vehicle:
    1975 Ford Maverick 4Dr power stearing, breaks w/disc, and a/c
    Well, I have two 1975 4dr. mav.s one is a low end one, and has rust in the floorpan and the torque boxes are (If I rember right) not there, the backend is rusted up to the marker lights, and the drivers side bumper shock holds the bumper on with help form wire, so basicly is pretty rusted, it has a 200 c-4 power stearing, no power breaks, and all four all drums, the other one has a 250 power breaks with disc's and has a/c and power stearing, It also has rust, but not as near as bad as the other one does, it is a good runner, and very reliable, the bomper is very well on there, and the floor pans are fine it that car, and now my question comes, I want to build up a 4dr, rebuild it from the shell redo it all (get ride of the rust and patch it) Now the one with the 200 has the finders removed, hood, interior is all apart, the bumper is off or it. I was looking into sandblasting it and taking it some were to get it redone, I have all the 302 conversion parts, and was looking to stick a v-8 in the one that I get redone, which would you redo?? I don't plan to get it don in the next 6 months, I plan to do it slowly (as money comes) I was thinking on redoing the one with the 200, and then taking off the a/c dash, and the disc breaks, and such form the one with the 250,and do that, but I don't know the one with the 200 is not at all road worthy (bumper) I get hit in the rear and BOOM let meknow some opions, also what does the auto krafters book really offer?? the rear frame rales by chance, I know you can get them for a mustang??? any body got one, and would like to do some major sacning and send me the pages via-e-mail?? any and all info would be great!!! The one with the 200 isn't on the insurence, and the other one is my daily driver, but with in weeks/ or sooner I will have a rusted out blazer to drive daily....

Thanks,
    754dr.

2. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    73 Maverick, 70 F-100, 68 F-100, 02 Crown Vicoria
    You should just come down to Phoenix and pick up a rust free 4 dr car for a couple hundred bucks. Wouldn't be hard to find. But if you choose form the two I would go with the one with the fewest amount of rust on parts that cannot be unbolted. You will save time and money in the long run.

3. 754dr.

754dr. 2dr. want to be

Vehicle:
    1975 Ford Maverick 4Dr power stearing, breaks w/disc, and a/c
    ok...

Well any one got a rust free 4dr. for a cuple hundred?? willing to bring it to me (I pay for gas of course and your time) or I could look into getting it shipped, any one I'm Iowa about a hour away from omaha nebraska