Yet another in-dash speaker question

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Rhenson, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Rhenson

Rhenson Member

Vehicle:
    1977 Comet 2dr. 1988 Merkur Scoprio
    Alright, I have read a lot of the other post about this and am thinking of trying something different. Would it be possible to use a 5x7 component sub (bridged) in the dash and use 2 1" tweeters for the left and right channels?

I also had a question about a jvc head unit. I have a Jvc kd-dv6200 that I will be installing under the dash and would like to gut the factory radio and use the power/volume knob to control power to the jvc. So visually it would still look like the factory radio is there but at the same time give the illusion that it still works. I could then use the other knob and buttons for other items I might add later. Now does anyone know if this is feasible? I dont mind if it would be hard because that is part of the fun.:dancing:

thanks,
    rob

2. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    1. Dash sub would rattle like crazy and sound like crap.

2. Wiring up the radio as described would be extremely difficult. There are places that get paid $600 or more to do it. Why do they charge so much....because they can. :D

3. Rhenson

Rhenson Member

Vehicle:
    Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of not really use the sub as a sub per say, but just to even out the tweeters. I know the radio would be difficult but I love the challenge on electronic items. And, its a good excuse to pull out the old dremel! If there is a way to mod something electronic I will do it. You dont even want to see my video game systems or computers:)

4. Demmitt

Demmitt nutz and boltz

Vehicle:
    1976 2 door, 1969.5 2 DOOR
    rid your self of the audio and a nice v8 w some headers and 3" pipes

5. Rhenson

Rhenson Member

Vehicle:
    If only I could. I have a '84 f150 with a 351w and 4bbl holly but no place to do the switch and not much money to pay someone else. So I am kinda stuck with the I6 for awhile.