1972 Grabber shell

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Yellow72Mavrick, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dodge Vanner

Dodge Vanner New Member

Vehicle:
    1991 Dodge Van
    It's kinda funny how one mans, total lack of respect, brought 2 totally different groups of people together. Different only by what we drive. The same when it comes to respect, genorosity, and kindness for thy fellow man/woman.

I've only been part of this lifestyle for the last 3 years, but I wouldn't give it up for anything. The friendships I've made through vannin, well, are priceless. I'm sure many of you feel the same way. Thats why this whole issue sickens me. To know that one person could wrong so many people, of different interests, and backgrounds.

So go ahead BJ, say something useful, for a change. Or what, has fear gotten to ya...

2. Acornridgeman

Acornridgeman MCCI Wisconsin State Rep Moderator Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick Grabber, 72 Maverick Grabber Restomod
    Yes, it is interesting how 2 crooked paths have merged into a straight line. I think both our worlds have merged a little. If nothing else - both forums will have a greater sense of security and scrutiny when it comes to charity giving projects. I think there are a few of our members that will be active on the vanner board, and likewise the way it looks some of your guys have an interest in mavco too. :)

As for Jim - his last post kinda said he will not be back here to post. Which is actually a good thing. What is done is done. It sounds like the vanner group has a much more recent paper trail than us. Including all the paypal transactions for cash donations. As for our group here? We are going to learn our lessons, lick our wounds, and move on. It is what it is.

This thread will remain a civillized discussion of the sad events and will be a source of information, healing and bonding to our members.

:grouphug:

As for the question of where is Phoenix now? Phoenix died when it was sold. It is now someones private property. Only Jim is accountable for taking money for it and giving the parts away to a member of his family for their car.

These are my thoughts
    Eric

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  3. shaunh82

shaunh82 Member

Vehicle:
    71 Pinto sportsroof
    Now I want to build a van. I completely forgot about taht whole ordeal till I saw my post in one of the original threads. I didn't donate any parts, but came close till the story got thicker and thicker, and I was in no position to be giving things away. But any way, gots to go find me and old E150 falcon futura and chop the heck out of it :D After the willys I guess

4. badmav70

badmav70 Member

Vehicle:
    missing my 71 maverick i6 3 on the tree :(
    i just read this whole post and remember when all this was going on, it really makes me sick! if all this was some kind of con or scam then god or karma will come around to give them theirs.. all this kind of thing does is hurt the people that are deserving of the generosity of others. i have suffered some really unfortunate and horrible things the last year and a half believe me, as i know many of the others from this great group have... and i hope that the whole maverick/comet group as well as the vanners (i looked at your pages too and they seem like a great bunch as well) don't let this make them less welcoming too new people.....

also i agree with acornridgeman. i have been friends with chuck for a good few years now and i also know about him buying the car in question, and personally have had no bad dealings with him in fact he has on a few occasions helped me work on some of my projects.. in my opinion one of the nicest people ive met from this group...

5. CanadianComet

CanadianComet Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet, 2 x 71 Mavericks
    Is it not amazing, the story and thge timing here on the Malibu Forum

http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=74541

The text

chub406
    Post subject: wtb: malibu roller in the midwest
    PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:48 pm

Hey guys!
    I'm just kidna throwing this out there. I lost everything i owned in the flood and my last drag car took me 6 years to build only to get stolen two months after it was running. lol so i have alot of free time and want to get back into cars. just looking to see if there are any rollers out there? Its going to get a ls1/turbo set up. Wanting a 2 door, preferably buckets and center counsel, not a deal breaker though. can have rear and caged. putting out a feeler to see what is available. thanks!

6. mean_maverick

mean_maverick Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 4dr
    all in all, it's just hard to believe that something like this happened here... :(

7. CanadianComet

CanadianComet Member

Vehicle:
    Jim has apologized, and sent him self ( or so he said ) for mental health evaluations.

we are documenting the cash that was sent, and some of the donated tools and parts have been identified....not all.

The van will be available for disposition shortly, through direct sale or a lottery.........stay on the vannin.com thread for details

8. mav1970

mav1970 Bob Hatcher

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick 393 Cleveland Stroker
    As my son was growing up, I always told him, "trust is one of the hardest things to earn but one of the easiest things to loose".

Bottom line is, I wouldn't believe a word the man said :naughty:

9. Econohead

Econohead New Member

Vehicle:
    buddy has a 74 cometGT
    The adventure continues...

As my friend Jim said...an interesting convergence of 2 forums brought together by the misdeeds of a common member! I read your posts and think you guys are a lot like us. Of course we have more room in our vehicles to sleep! Apparently the title arrived last week, and the admins are figuring how to dispose of the van and repay everybody! We got lucky! There is a thread called "ID your sh%t" on vannin.com, where you can see the tools and stuff that were returned in the van. Considering the time passed, I doubt if any of it is from you guys, but it may be worth a look! We have lots of hall parties thruout the winter, so if any of you want to come party with us vanners, keep in touch, and we can hook you up with a party in your area! Wonder how Jim's dead wife is feeling these days?????

10. badmav70

badmav70 Member

Vehicle:
    missing my 71 maverick i6 3 on the tree :(

i have slept in my maverick a few times and the bench seat can be surprisingly comfortable LOL!!:rofl2:

you guys have a great site... i think i might be looking for a nice van soon, the rate im going im going too be livin outa one shortly... theres a nice 4x4 e150 for sale on my way home from work im thinking bout checking out.... might have too take part in your raffle if thats you'll end up doing...

11. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    What a shame.....
    I don't have the words to express my disbelief.

12. CanadianComet

CanadianComet Member

Vehicle:
    WELL THE VAN HAS BEEN RETURNED, BUT THERE IS STILL HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS IN CASH THAT WAS SENT OVER STILL NOT RETURNED

Lets see if he is man enough to repay that. Especially 200.00 dollars that was sent by A Viet Veteran that just had a leg amputated by the VA...he needs it back for expenses.

13. Econohead

Econohead New Member

Vehicle:
    buddy has a 74 cometGT
    van

The raffle has begun! Documented donations total over 2500 in cash and tools and stuff, not including the van! Contributors who don't have their receipts anymore probably add another grand! The SOB kept all the cash, returned the stuff.

14. Duck Tape Mav.

Duck Tape Mav. ready to pick up the 4-dr

Vehicle:
    1977 Duck tape Ford Maverick;1957 Ford Ranchwagon
    wow........ How?... Why?... I don't see how someone could sink low enough to take advantage of a group so willing to help someone in need. I have never seen this thread before today, and read through it all, and I was thinking "what a group of guys and gals, to help someone out like that" and then the suspicion, and then reading that it was true. I can't believe it. Its worse than a soap opera. I just cant believe it... People like that actually exist? Perhaps a precaution could be where we simply have to have proof something was stolen before we can jump in and help. If the person is sincere they should have proof, and should understand, but perhaps it will deter future incidents such as this. ( though I hope it is never needed. )

15. CanadianComet

CanadianComet Member

Vehicle:
    Sad tale about to end

We will be drawing the winning ticket for the Van Draw soon, to bring this sad tale to a conclusion as far as the vanner's are concerned...in regards to the van that is . There are some other actions in the works as well .....

Details here

http://www.vannin.com/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=271824#Post271824

Sadly, we still have a few people that feel stung over here from this P.O.S.

I do have his home address if the OWNER of this board wants it. Apparently Jim is still active with his Maverick's, and I only hope that he is not active on this board.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.