1976 Mercury Comet Indiana New Guy

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by NathanKing999, Jul 9, 2018.

1. NathanKing999

NathanKing999 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1976 Mercury Comet
    IMG_3312.JPG

Hey guys! I'm from Indiana. I'm 20 years old and I just picked myself up a 1976 mercury comet. Got some big plans for it but will need you guys help! It's a 250 inline of course. I would like to throw the front bumper in the thread on it and paint it the blue seen here, once done with body work. Right now the concern is gettin everything underneath the car replaced! Which reminds me!! Wheels!! Can anyone give me any ideas on wheel setups and sizes they clear? Now as far as the motor, I don't wanna go balls to the wall crazy drag car this is gone be a different comet build . DRIFT CAR. So I'm jut wanting to bring the power up just a bit. I'm think headers cam side front fender exhaust exit, turbo, and more that I can't think of right now!? Thinking about doing a double barrel carb? What do you guys think on that just trying to figure out how to make some more power and things I should do to get the power down. Would like to do some type of true coilover conversion? Any ideas? And how about the diff? I need both tires spinning! Us drift boys just weld the diff usually!? Would that be a idiot move or what guys? Just looking for some education!!

IMG_3314.JPG

Attached Files:

2. 71maverick361

71maverick361 Vern Isaac

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    71 Grabber
    Welcome to the Forum!! Sound great can wait to see your transition to a drift car !!

3. Shorty

Shorty Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '72 Maverick, 347 c.i., w/ dual quads, TKO 600 5-speed transmission, back halved w/ 4-link, '16 F150, 5.0 Coyotte, regular cab, shortbed, lowered 3/5 & 1-owner '79 Trans Am.
    Welcome to the best web site on the net from 'middle' Indiana.

Bruce