A Maverick gets big respect today.....

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Streamliner, Jan 25, 2012.

1. sgaugeguy

sgaugeguy Bob Kraus

Vehicle:
    1971 MAVERICK 2Dr 44,000 AIR & VINYL TOP
    Craig I do think yours looks better but I will probably install it the correct way. I though that maybe in the position that you put it it would have helped cool better. Not sure what its supose to be doing facing the front like that?

2. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
  3. strokermaverick

strokermaverick Member

Vehicle:
    '75 Maverick 2 door/ 420 c.i. stroker, converted to small bumpers ('73 Maverick 2 door 302 a/c p/s c-4 SOLD) '69.5 Maverick 2 door 200 c.i. c-4
    Wouldn't have been hard, to spray a pearl clear coat on the chrome yellow.

4. injectedmav

injectedmav Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2dr 5.0l EFI, 2003 Expedition(wife's), 2002 F150 Supercab King Ranch

It faces forward to divert air through the radiator opening instead of over the top of the core support. That said, Craig's serves a purpose as well and probably does seal the area between the condenser and radiator since these cars didn't have anything else there. I put foam seals around the back side of the condenser to force the fan to pull air through the radiator and condenser assembly. Maybe not a big deal with R12, but R134a, definitely necessary.

...and Craig's looks better. Just sayin'(y)

5. mojo

mojo "Everett"- Senior Citizen Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    I believe a car or anything else is worth what a person/s are willing to pay .
    It may not be worth it to you, me or the general public. In the case of these old cars, not everyone want's to build/restore one, but has a desire to have it. Not everyone has the skills, space, tools/equipment or time to devote to such a project. This and most hobbies run the gammit from "scratch build to turn-key". Somewhere in that gammit a person can usually buy a car for less than they cud build one and start enjoying it "right-now."
    I fit in the segment of not wanting, having space, desire or having all the tools to devote to the project. At my point in life I don't or may not have 5-7 or whatever years it wud take to do a extensive restore. I was not going to buy anything that I thought needed extensive work to be roadworthy.
    I bought it to drive, got it at what I consider a vry fair price and been able to drive it w/ several upgrades "some needed -some optional/cosmetic".
    If you fit in my category ur much better paying more up front and take advantage of someone elses craftsmanship - and forget abt a few more dollars.
    In my case "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED".

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  6. mavgrab302

mavgrab302 MCCI Florida State Rep

Vehicle:
    71 Maverick Grabber
    Well said Mojo :yup:

7. Moneymaker 1

Moneymaker 1 Green Street Beasts

Vehicle:
    1972 Green Maverick Grabber Street Beasts
    Ok I have sat and read through this thread and have seen many opinions on it, but there is one thing that is bugging me, there seems to be the lack of comments or thoughts from him, and he is a Certified Auto Appraiser, Ray (rayzorsharp) has not commented on this thread at all, he may have his own reasons not too, and I respect that, but I did expect, as in the past, for him to comment on this thread and at least maybe settle, (if only for my mind) as to if this would or would not affect the evaluations of Mavericks in general, selling price or insurable values.
    There are a lot of commentors on here, who's opinions I respect and agree with, even though I have been in the "owning a Maverick" crowd for many many years, I have forgotten more than some will ever know, and I turn to this forum for "total recall" as I refer to it, of things Maverick related, I feel that some things are better left to the experts.

8. facelessnumber

facelessnumber Drew Pittman

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber
    I do want one actually. An '85-'87 2-door CS to be exact. A Chevette is the car responsible for making me a gearhead, if you can believe that. RWD, geared low, weighs nothing, oversteers if you look at it funny. It's actually a blast to drive, and I have this nagging desire to know what it would be like with 300+ horses and a healthy amount of torque.

9. Acornridgeman

Acornridgeman MCCI Wisconsin State Rep Moderator Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick Grabber, 72 Maverick Grabber Restomod
  10. Lzoesch

Lzoesch Levi Zoesch

Vehicle:
    1969 Maverick & 1972 Chevy El Camino SS
    Does anyone know if they sold Dons car? It was scheduled for bidding at 645 pm. Website doesn't say anything on it reserve was met or if it was sold/not sold.

11. Streamliner

Streamliner Member

High bid was $115k which seems real low

[​IMG]

....A Dragonsnake Cobra, which was one of 8 and the most famous one sold at only $850k

[​IMG]

12. predfan2001

predfan2001 David in Tn

Vehicle:
    70 Mav 75 Comet 64 Comet 68 Mustang
    That car was never a Dragonsnake according to SAAC. CSX2093 was a street car modified by the owner with parts from SAI and others for drag racing. Still very rare and said to be the winningest Cobra ever drag raced. Driven by Bruce Larson who later drove the famous USA-1 Chevelle.

We just can't get the truth from an auction house anymore can we?

13. Streamliner

Streamliner Member

I was at New York National Speedway in the late sixties when Bruce Larson set a record 7.15 in the Chevelle...Boy, i'm really dating myself:cry:

14. predfan2001

predfan2001 David in Tn

Vehicle:
    70 Mav 75 Comet 64 Comet 68 Mustang
    Lol you've got a few years on me then but I do remember seeing Dyno Don at the first big race my dad ever took me to. He was in the Mustang II then. I had a chance to buy it once but couldn't round up the $12000 needed to get it.

It was wrecked in the frt end and I couldn't really get a straight answer on the authenticity of the car since it had been repainted and raced by others. It sold for $82000 after it was restored in 2008.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  15. mojo

mojo "Everett"- Senior Citizen Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    Don't sweat "Being Dated "-- Be glad ur still around.:biglaugh: