Ford Show - Chgo Area

Discussion in 'Other Maverick and Comet Clubs and Events' started by mojo, Jul 22, 2013.

1. mojo

mojo "Everett"- Senior Citizen Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    All Ford powered show in Bourbonnais "nr Kankakee Illinois", on Sunday, August 4th. Registration $20.00 frm 8:00-10:00am. The event will be @ Perry Farm Park. This is a charitable event sponsored by Northern Mustang Corral Club.
    Anyone interested can ck out their site for more info. This is a very nice venue w/ lots of trees and shade. I plan on attending and hopefully convince two other Mav owners to come along.

2. BigDog41364

BigDog41364 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1975 maverick
    You still going to this MoJo? The wife and i are thinking about going. I need to get a couple of road trips in before we take the Maverick to Tennessee for the Fall Rod Run in September. I just finished a cam swap after the Comp Cam lost 2 lobes, I switched to a Crain Cam. need to make sure all the bugs are worked out before the big trip.

3. jmgford

jmgford Member

Vehicle:
    '71 Maverick, '69 Fairlane 351, '12 F-150, '02 ZX2
    I am considering it, but that weekend is Chloe's birthday and I am not sure of our plans yet.

4. mojo

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    Plan on going if weather permits. Only abt hours drive for me. I will be in class#26 for Mercury's; a friend plans on going also - he has a Mav. Hope u have all the bug's worked out. Also, plan on coming to ur town for the annual NSRA meet the 2nd weekend of Sept. Hope u can make it.

5. BigDog41364

BigDog41364 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1975 maverick
    Unfortunatlly NSRA North is the same weekend as the Grand Fall Rod Run we are going to in Pigon Forge TN.

6. mojo

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    Confirmed

The long range weather forcast as of the 29th. was vry favorable for the Sunday, August 4th show. I did make a error on the "Ford Powered statement" in post #1.
    After checking my flyer agn... don't see any restrictions on powerplants. So as long as it's a Ford body style "It's all good", regardless of power source.
    "No discrimination on power source"!
    As it stands now, my friend Al "77 Mav" and I will be attending the show.
    Anyone in our area/region planning on attending stop by section 25 & 26 and say hello.

7. tgeary

tgeary Member

Vehicle:
    71 maverick grabber
    Mojo, I was there with my friend ( he had the 67 Mustang coupe Blue with light blue ghost stripes class 20). I thought that was your Comet, but i did not see you anywhere around. Was your buddies Mav the White one? It was a great day and some nice cars ( 300 to 400 The day turned out great.