Headers that fit nicely

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Torpeteo, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Torpeteo

Torpeteo Member

Vehicle:
    1971 mercury comet
    I know this issues been covered numerous times but wondering if anybody’s actually come up with a headers that fit without Getting medieval on the pipes.My car has power steering and column shift automatic which I’m thinking I’m gonna change to floor shifter.Oh yeah it’s a 306 small block with Windsor Jr heads

2. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    You are correct....the subject has been covered numerous times. A forum search will garner one lots of opinions and answers.

3. CopiousGull77

CopiousGull77 Member

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    I'm a new member and rite there with header issues, I to have power steering and going to floor shift. And a wondering what you ended up with ?

4. Torpeteo

Torpeteo Member

Vehicle:
    1971 mercury comet
    Honestly I haven’t pulled the trigger on anything yet But the Purchase is coming soonI have a motor that I need to put in but I decided to change the cam plus a whole bunch of other tweaking which takes time because I am stupid… picky plus complete new front end ,Disk brake upgrade Let’s see all new brake Lines hardware all new bushings,Degrease sandblast paint all partsAnd my wife says when can we go for a ride. so there’s that.But I promise when I get there I’ll give you my best educated opinion. There’s a whole bunch of info on this forum about the header issue.

5. CopiousGull77

CopiousGull77 Member

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Thanks, oh ya plenty of good stuff here. We went from inline 6 to a 302, getting built now.. Im shaving shock towers but read here and am finding out that it gets you no extra room for headers, just easier to change plugs.. gonna try n mess with it this weekend. The block in it is just for mock up, also have front end gutted like a fish....

Attached Files: